Author Topic: how to divert directly to a mobile  (Read 946 times)

Offline Charliepw

• View Profile
how to divert directly to a mobile
« on: March 30, 2020, 08:21:46 AM »
Hello,
please can someone point me (a newbee to phone IT) in the direction of how i can divert all calls to a mobile?
we use the 6920 models in the office and i can log into the https://portal.shoretel.eu/ to make changes etc...

Charlie

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: how to divert directly to a mobile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 09:58:49 AM »
This actually sounds more like the Cloud platform.

If the the inbound call rings a single extension any call forwarding you do on the extension would follow that path.

If the inbound call rings a group of extensions it will require a bit more finesse - I've typically created an Auto Attendant under Visual Call Flow and then have it timeout to a single extension to align with the first point above.

You should also be able to call into Mitel Hosted support and get some assistance with this.

Offline Charliepw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 04:36:11 AM »
Hi NEPhoneGuy
I'm really not that techi, so thanks for your assistance.
When the phone first rings it goes to hunt group 1, which is one phone (reception) after two rings it then goes to hunt group 2, which is 5 phones (reception, and four others)

it sounds like i have to turn off hunt group 2, please tell me how to do this.
and then once i've only got hunt group 1 on how do i set it to divert to a mobile.

or, how do i contact mitel hosted support?

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 07:59:58 AM »
This is the Connect Cloud Product. 

Log into your portal.   Hover over your name ont he top right and click on Phone Settings.

Click on Call Routing.   Change where incoming calls are routed to.    Select Always Forward Calls to (Another Number) and enter your Cell Phone.

Click Save.

Hunt Group Calls will not forward, only calls to your DID or transferred calls to your EXT.

If you have Hunt Groups built you should revise your Main Greeting, have that answer and distribute calls.  This way calls will ring direct to an Extension, and out to a cell phone. 

To contact support directly, hit the key next to the 1 that looks like a person, and the the HELP softkey.   This will put you into direct contact with Mitel Support.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10