Author Topic: Ring Group Voicemail setup  (Read 1657 times)

Offline jeffh@aquacal.com

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Ring Group Voicemail setup
« on: March 29, 2020, 10:05:25 PM »
I'm trying to setup a Ring Group with 2 members and have it go to voicemail, if they don't answer.  I've seen several threads on this, but nothing has worked for me so far.

I have a DID line that forwards to Ring Group 8000. 
Set the Overflow Point to 7997. 
7997 is setup as a mailbox in NuPoint Web Console.

Per one suggestion, I added 8000 to the Alternate Extension #1 for the 7997 mailbox.  This setup rings the Ring Group, but never hits the 7997 voicemail (I waited for the timers to expire).  I also saw some suggestions to use a NameTag Hunt Group as part of the setup.  I tried this but also did not work.

Goal - I want calls to the DID to ring the two members - and go to a voicemail mailbox if no answer.

Any suggestions for an easy setup?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ring Group Voicemail setup
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 10:38:56 PM »
Overflow point should be vm hunt group. You can then add 8000 as an alternate extension to the mailbox 7997. If this is a trusted extension, a message indicator of it can be put as a key upon the required sets.

Offline jeffh@aquacal.com

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 09:53:03 AM »
Should I setup the VM hunt group as 7997?  When I do that, it gives me a "the new Pilot number is used elsewhere".

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 10:55:46 AM »
You should already have  VM ring group - what is the Pilot Number for voicemail? That's what you put into the overflow for the ring group you are working with.

Ring Group overflows to system wide voicemail pilot and then you have a mailbox with the ID of the ring group or another mailbox that you put the ring group extension as an alternate.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10