Author Topic: This one is for the Masters....Trunk Issue  (Read 1027 times)

Offline bigpomaha@gmail.com

• Contributer
    • View Profile
This one is for the Masters....Trunk Issue
« on: March 27, 2020, 04:49:52 PM »
we recently upgraded our 3300 system to add Enterprise edition with a gateway (Virtual PBX) and Micollab.  We have 2 main Location that have a T1 coming into each.   One is setup on Lakeside PBX and one on the Farnam PBX (this is the original 3300).  After this upgrade and this Virus things started, we have to get users to work from home using the Micollb (thru the webpage)  It appears to be working fine however, we are running into line issues.  the 23 channels at our Farnam location appear to be getting full while the other location has about 22 channels available.  We are going to ask out provider (Cox) to trunk our 2 T1's together but until then we are looking for a way to load balance the calls.  We tried to set our Route Selection to point all outgoing calls to the Trunk at Lakeside but for some reason that doesn't work.  We have teh first option going to that trunk, the 2nd option going to the other Trunk.  But every time i look at the trunks i see 20+c on the Farnam Trunks and 2 or 3 on the Lakeside trunk. (some incoming and some outgoing).  If anyone has any recommendations i would appreciate it.  Thanks.

Perry

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: This one is for the Masters....Trunk Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 05:15:29 PM »
Does this mean you have 2 physical systems and one virtual? What is the primary system for users?

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 09:26:48 AM »
To answer your question i think that is correct.  We have one virtual that i believe is the gateway and one physcal at each site.  The Original 3300 is located at Farnam as well as the gateway.  The other is at lakeside.  All the lakeside users used to be on a 5000 and we put them all on the 3300 so the 3300 is primary for those guys.  Does that make sense?

Offline msouva

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 03:31:35 PM »
I created a trunk group where I alternate the trunks(1,25,2,26,3,27... etc) between my two PRI's.  I set it for circular so it goes through all trunks.  In the ARS I have it use this trunk group first then the other two that are separate. 

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 04:21:05 PM »
Are these 2 PRI's on the same controller"

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 01:38:21 PM »
I think you're on the right track but we'll need to figure out why outbound calls are not working on the other controller's PRI.
I suspect the easiest way to figure it out is this:
On the remote controller, in maintenance, enter CCS Trace en Cont (to disable, enter CCS Trace dis)
There's going to be a lot of detail being spit out.  All we're looking for is to see if you get a bunch of debug when you make a call.  If it does, that means it's hitting the controller.  In the debug, you should see something that looks like "ROX" with X being a circuit number.  The RO means it hit the trunk.  If you see it, open a ticket with your carrier and ask them why the call is failing.
It's possible that the outbound caller ID is not correct or something else (like are you deleting the '9')

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10