Author Topic: Access to RCS Server?  (Read 1425 times)

Offline JoeSauer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Access to RCS Server?
« on: March 27, 2020, 10:56:57 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I hope you are doing well under these difficult times.

I am a certified VoIP re-seller in CT, and the hosted platform we sell is based on MiNET.  100% of our deployed phones connect to the platform via Teleworker.  We have asked our underlying carrier if they will set us up with access to the RCS server, so that we can routinely configure our inventory to self provision the Teleworker IP addresses, but they say that Mitel will not allow them to provide their customers with such access.

If I purchase inventory from our underlying carrier, they are supposed to enter the MAC addresses in RCS specific to our customer - but guess what?  They often forget, or they put the wrong IP address in RCS, or I need to move phones around and manage inventory not provided by the underlying carrier, etc.  90% of the time, RCS fails, and I wind up manually configuring the Teleworker IP.  Many of our customers are large (500+ extensions) so this task is not trivial.

I have reached out to Mitel directly, but because we are not a dealer or distributor, those discussions end quickly.  I have even investigated becoming a dealer, and would be happy to purchase my phone inventory directly from Mitel - but the investment related to premises-based solutions as a requirement for approval is a barrier.

Does anyone have ideas on alternate ways to configure and manage Teleworker IPs, or how I might find a friend who can help get me access to RCS?

Thanks!
Joe

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Access to RCS Server?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 08:11:35 PM »
You should use a local DHCP server to provision phones at a site. DHCP Option 125 is your friend. The phones will get their server details on boot.

Assuming you're not talking about residential type service were there is a single phone per site.

Offline JoeSauer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Access to RCS Server?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 03:07:26 PM »
TTT Thanks

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10