Author Topic: Forwarding Phantoms Remotely  (Read 1075 times)

Offline josh_marchant

• View Profile
Forwarding Phantoms Remotely
« on: March 24, 2020, 12:28:05 PM »
I will soon need to set up phantoms that are forwarding to mobile numbers from outside of the office, so I won't have physical access to a phone that I can set the forward up on with features codes.

At the moment the best way I can see of doing this remotely is changing my user's main extension to the phantom in DB programming, settings the forward in the web portal, then changing my main extension back to my actual extension. Is there an easier way of doing this? Perhaps the ability to control any extension from the web portal without needing to set it as my main one (I have Customer Configurator access).

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Forwarding Phantoms Remotely
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 12:34:36 PM »
josh_marchant,

What you are saying makes no sense at all.

If you have access to DB programming why are you going through all of that instead of changing the incoming numbers to point to the new phantoms?

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 01:50:57 PM »
Program a Configuration Assistant: change forwarding over the phone, no phantoms required.

End users can change their own forwarding.

Offline josh_marchant

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 04:08:52 AM »
Apologies, I know the way I worded that may have been confusing. Essentially the way I normally set a phantom to forward is by using the steps below, which required access to a physical phone (which I don't have from home). The only alternative I've tested is setting my web portal user extension to that phantom and setting the forward from there.

Dial 359
Enter the extension number of the phantom station to program
Enter the password followed by the # sign. The password will be the same as the extension number
Dial 355 to forward the phantom
To send the call to an external number, dial 8 followed by the phone number and press #

What would be an easier way of doing this?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 07:28:19 AM »
You could also just create another user for the phantom extension. Just log in to the web portal as that user and change the forwarding.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 02:16:12 PM »
Apologies, I know the way I worded that may have been confusing. Essentially the way I normally set a phantom to forward is by using the steps below, which required access to a physical phone (which I don't have from home). The only alternative I've tested is setting my web portal user extension to that phantom and setting the forward from there.

Dial 359
Enter the extension number of the phantom station to program
Enter the password followed by the # sign. The password will be the same as the extension number
Dial 355 to forward the phantom
To send the call to an external number, dial 8 followed by the phone number and press #

What would be an easier way of doing this?
Configuration Assistant

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 08:57:33 PM »
josh_marchant,

DND_ON is correct with the Configuration Assistant setup, just remember that you will need to know the passcode of the extension that you want to change; typically it is the extension number. If you don't know it or the extension doesn't work then you can go into the phantom and delete the passcode out of it or change it to whatever makes it easier for you.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10