Author Topic: Voicemail to email using gmail  (Read 1635 times)

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
Voicemail to email using gmail
« on: March 24, 2020, 09:26:20 AM »
I have a customer that wants voicemail messages from a certain mailbox to be sent to a gmail account.  I have tried all different set ups but I can't get it to work.  I am being prompted for a host name but I do not know what to use for gmail.  Also, do I need to reboot the system every time I change the IP settings. Please help.

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
Re: Voicemail to email using gmail
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 11:21:14 AM »
These are my email settings, IP settings, and voicemail box settings.  What am I missing?  What else do I need to do to get this to work?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 12:47:08 PM »
bvtech,

First of all you only need to reboot the system when making certain changes to IP settings; such as the IP Address. What are you changing that you think you need to perform a reboot for?

Secondly, where is the error you are getting. Show us the error and maybe we can figure out what the real issue is here.

Thanks,

TE

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 09:15:43 AM »
When I put in the email information using the Configuration Tool, the last screen says that a reboot needs to take place for the changes to take effect.  I am not getting an error message now, but it just does not work.  I get no notification in my gmail that I have a new message.  The Email Synchronization guide only gives instructions for setting this up through Office 365. Is 365 the only client supported by this feature?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 08:53:55 PM »
bvtech,

The Configuration Wizard is only to be used once during the initialization of the system!! This is why certified technicians should be setting up more complicated features of a system.

Yes, the system works with G-Mail, Office 365, and Exchange with no problem.

First of all GMail has changed how things work on their system and you have to make sure the e-mailbox is setup correctly or it will refuse to talk to the MiVO-250; have you done that?

My suggestion would be to get a certified technician to come out to help finish this up before you corrupt your system by constantly resetting it.

Thanks,

TE

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 11:09:47 AM »
I am a certified technician, and that is how I was trained to do it.  I am actually certified on 8 phone systems and have over 20 years of telephony experience.  Got it dude?

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 09:44:59 AM »
I'd suggest breaking it down.

First thing to verify would be can you get to the world? You can launch an SSH session from the SysAdminDiag tool and select command line and try and ping you smtp.gmail.com - If that doesn't work you'll have to solve your network/addressing troubles first.

Next leave a message and check out the avdap_log and see what you get - post it back here if you'd like.

You might have to look up allow less secure apps through gmail and enable that/set a password and utilize that.

The only thing here that should require a reset would be changing the system IP.

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 01:55:43 PM »
As it turns out, the Enhanced Email options require a separate license that the customer is not willing to pay for.  We ended up doing remote messaging to a cell phone from the mailbox and they are content to live with that until the COVID-19 crisis is over.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I will keep them in mind for future installations.

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 03:11:52 PM »
Forward and Copy works without any extra licensing if you weren't aware.

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 08:44:22 AM »
I was aware of that, but the email situation with this customer is complicated, and the enhanced was the best scenario.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10