Author Topic: MiCollab 8 Remotely  (Read 2409 times)

Offline rgardeck

• View Profile
MiCollab 8 Remotely
« on: March 18, 2020, 08:36:08 AM »
Hello, I am new to the Mitel world. On our LAN, we have a MiVoice Business controller along with the Micollab server hosting the client version 8. In the office, we use 6930 Mitel phones.
Working remotely, I can install the Micollab software on my laptop, it connects, and I can text chat with other associates.
However, attempting to make a call does not work because it tries to call out using the 6930, which is in the office.
Can the Micollab software be used to make and receive calls on my laptop using its mic and internal speakers?

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiCollab 8 Remotely
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 09:38:31 AM »
in the bottom right there's a blue picture and text of your deskphone... click on it and change the "call using" to softphone...

Offline rgardeck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 09:40:52 AM »
I can click on it, but the "Softphone" option is greyed out.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 09:45:42 AM »
any joy in settings->call settings?

Offline rgardeck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 09:49:39 AM »
In Call Settings, I have "prompt" and "deskphone". I am assuming the softphone functionality is not configured then?

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 09:51:52 AM »
sounds like it... we hit the end of my knowledge... hopefully someone else will jump in.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 10:27:57 AM »
I think you have to have softphone users licensed and set up in MiCollab. It may be this way by default now, I'm not sure of that.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2020, 10:41:25 AM »
are you using a VPN to access the office MiCollab server? No MBG in your setup? If you have MBG, just take your office phone home (that's what we did) and program it as a teleworker.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2020, 05:30:57 PM »
What kind of license are you using on MiCollab. Entry or Standard? Standard allows softphone in the client, that being said and entry could have a softphone albeit not within the client. All could be set as teleworker as the teleworker is a first come first licensed. Ideally if on a vpn that can route to phone system network you can run a sip softphone without issue. I commonly connect to customer via a sip softphone for troubleshooting. My choice for free is phonerlite and manual config

Offline rgardeck

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 11:51:32 AM »
are you using a VPN to access the office MiCollab server? No MBG in your setup? If you have MBG, just take your office phone home (that's what we did) and program it as a teleworker.

Ultimately, this is what we ended up doing. Made some configurations on the MBG so we could take our phones home. After a few more firewall port issues, we eventually got the phones to work remotely. Not the easiest setup because many users arent close to their routers or ethernet jack to make a hardwired connection.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10