Author Topic: Remote Users Best Way To Do It  (Read 1172 times)

Offline psmith

• View Profile
Remote Users Best Way To Do It
« on: March 16, 2020, 11:13:47 AM »
I am a rookie with Mitel so knowledge level is low.

I believe we are on a 3300 platform.
We have an MBG on the outside where we have a handful of physical phones connected via Teleworker configuration
We do run the MiCollab Client v 7.3.0.366 on the desktops.  Currently used to show who is on a call and to dial/pick call on the physical phone.
We are running a mix of UCC v3 and V4 standard license

Need a way to do 100% remote workers and looking for what is the best way to do this.

We have tried the Mobile client but we are getting some people who it says they are unlicensed.  At this point have not figured out how to get the softphone to work on the laptops through the MiCollab client.

Looking for advice from those who are in the know.  Open to all suggestions

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Remote Users Best Way To Do It
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 11:25:31 AM »
physical phones are, IMHO, the best solution but I'm biased.

MiCollab should have a softphone capability (I'm testing out 9.x, so I don't know about v7) and they can use MBG for access as well.

Offline psmith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 11:37:38 AM »
I would agree the physical phones would be best but we would need to have PoE bricks to power the phones in people's homes and we don't have them available at this point.

On the mobile client we are getting users who don't have the option to have the phone system dial them and the called party, so is basically just a cell call for those calls we we are looking to have our outbound toll free number on the call, not our people's cell number.

We tried the softphone in the MiCollab client and while it will ring the softphone, no audio goes through the softphone and the hard phone still picks up and hangs up the call.

I have the configuration wrong but not sure where to go to fix it.

Offline pmhaynes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 11:43:17 AM »
Firstly, check how many teleworker licnese you have on the MBG

quickest and easiest way to have home workers is to take you desk phone home. you will need power injectors or switches with POE

Then you programme one step on the teleworker and all exiting phones will be able to work from home

each phone will need to be put into teleworker mode by holding down the number 7 while powering the phone on
enter the public ip of the MBG
the phone will either display "contact TW" or Enter password
In the MBG find the PBX (might be ICP) section and you will see a field to enter a "installer" password
If not filled in then enter one. if filled in then this is the password you enter to allow the deskphone through the teleworker MBG

If you wanted to go down the softphone micllab path then that is to much work for me to advise you here.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 08:02:20 PM »
One thing I would add, softphone capability is not limited in your situation as long as they have vpn access and can route to the phone system. I believe you could and a generic sip to entry users multi device group and run a generic sip softphone, if the previous is met. If not then teleworker.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10