Author Topic: MOH on radio station  (Read 1010 times)

Offline rgardeck

• View Profile
MOH on radio station
« on: March 11, 2020, 11:46:56 AM »
I have been on hold with certain companies where they are broadcasting a local radio station as their MOH.
Is this possible with the 3300? Is it even legal to do that?

Offline billbry66

• View Profile
Re: MOH on radio station
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 11:47:42 PM »
yes its possible
Physical controllers have a 3.5 mm jack
as for the legality - they should be paying royalties as its considered a broadcast
in Australia this is controlled by ACMA

With virtual pabx you can now use a sip endpoint to allow the connection to a physical device

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 11:36:49 AM »
Technically, this is illegal in the US but many business do it. Years ago it was common to contact the radio station and get a letter stating you had permission to do it, but my understanding is that doesn't work anymore.

But why would you want to? Most of modern broadcast radio is 10-20 minutes per hour of advertising, so you could potentially be playing your competition's commercials to your customers while on hold... Just as one example.

You are best off to use a licensed MOH source, a custom made MOH source tailored to your business, or simple instrumental music

Offline rgardeck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 08:57:06 AM »
Technically, this is illegal in the US but many business do it. Years ago it was common to contact the radio station and get a letter stating you had permission to do it, but my understanding is that doesn't work anymore.

But why would you want to? Most of modern broadcast radio is 10-20 minutes per hour of advertising, so you could potentially be playing your competition's commercials to your customers while on hold... Just as one example.

You are best off to use a licensed MOH source, a custom made MOH source tailored to your business, or simple instrumental music

Thank you, I will peruse the custom made MOH route.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 05:11:49 PM »
I can make the one I usually install available. Generic soft jazz with comfort messages

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10