Author Topic: SIP Sizing  (Read 704 times)

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
SIP Sizing
« on: March 11, 2020, 09:50:49 AM »
Hi, we have a PRI currently connected to our 5000HX running MiVoice Office 250 6.3 SP4.

Our PRI contract is expiring and I am debating if it would be worthwhile to switch to SIP.  We have had a fair amount of issues with the AT&T PRI smart cards failing in our data closet, leading to over a day of downtime on several occasions just to get them out to swap the card out. 

As I am looking at SIP, my main concern is appropriately sizing my service for the needs of our business.  With the PRI I of course have 23 channels.  As far as I am aware we are never reaching that limit. 

My question - is there a report or any way within the 250 to see what the max number of simultaneous channels that were in use at any given moment?  For example, maybe it would show last Tuesday at 443PM we were using 9 channels, and that was the highest point on this theoretical report, so I would know that 16 channels max was my usage for the month, so then when I buy my SIP service I could size for something like 12 trunks or so to make sure I am well covered.

I know I can go into System Admin and Diagnostics and see a live view of the number of ongoing calls.  Really what I need is a historical report of that value, but I cannot find it.  Does anyone know if it exists anywhere?

Thanks!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SIP Sizing
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 09:59:09 AM »
dhumes0524,

The only thing I am aware of that is built into the system is the PSTN Report, but it doesn't readily provide the information that you are specifically asking for.

If you export that information out of your system then you should be able to put it in Excel and figure out what you want from there.

If you have any of the Call Reporting Applications then the information that you are looking for should be in there to allow a manager to forecast trunking needs.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
Re: SIP Sizing
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 10:02:16 AM »
In regards to the Call Reporting Applications, as far as I am aware we don't have anything outside of the standard install of Office 250.  I don't know if you are inferring that those are included, or if those are extra add-ons.

I will check out the PSTN report however and see what I can determine from it.  Thank you for the prompt reply as always.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10