Author Topic: Enable Dial Out code for external calls only  (Read 817 times)

Offline Josh7

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Enable Dial Out code for external calls only
« on: March 10, 2020, 08:03:54 PM »
Hi,

I am trying to work out how to set up a phone (just one phone) so that if someone wants to dial out externally from it, he or she will need to enter a PIN first.

Is there any particular settings on the DB that I need to be looking at for that particular extension?

Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
Josh

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Enable Dial Out code for external calls only
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 06:34:45 AM »
Josh7,

Forced – All Calls Validated: If this type of account code is enabled, the user must enter a forced account code before an outside call can be placed. If the code matches one of the pre-programmed forced account codes in the database, the call is allowed. If the code does not match, the call is blocked

System > Phone-Related Information > Account Codes > 001: Insert a code you want to use.

System > Phone-Related Information > Account Codes > Forced > Validated > All Calls: Put your extension in here.

Now anytime some wants to make a call from that phone they will be required to put in one of the Account Codes you created in order to do that.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Josh7

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 08:33:17 PM »
Thank you TE, its working now.

Much appreciated.

Regards,
Josh

Offline Josh7

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 11:55:29 PM »
 Hi TE,

The steps you outlined earlier worked really well for 53xx phones however it doesnt seem to be working for 69xx phones.

Is there a change that needs to done on the MCS as well?

Thanks,
Josh

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 06:13:46 AM »
Josh7,

It should work the same way for any type of phone. What are they doing differently? Did you make sure to set the Account Code type on them to be forced just the others? Keep in mind the way I explained it would require you to back up and select SIP/69xx/Phone Manager SIP Phone to add those phones to it.

I would verify they are being forced to insert the account code as you most likely didn't see there were multiple phone types in that list to pick from.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10