Author Topic: Hotel Voicemail Message Upon Arrival  (Read 2474 times)

Offline Curtin_BPW

• View Profile
Hotel Voicemail Message Upon Arrival
« on: March 10, 2020, 11:52:50 AM »
Customer has an SX-200 and a strange request. The tech in me wants to say this is not possible but this forum surprises me with solutions sometimes. Customer wording is for a "Voicemail message upon arrival.  Changed frequently by the GM to welcome guests and even promotion at restaurants, etc." Is this possible?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hotel Voicemail Message Upon Arrival
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 05:29:42 PM »
I think they could set up a distribution list with the guest room mailboxes and send a message to it

Offline Curtin_BPW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 04:20:38 PM »
I was thinking that but they would not have pre-recorded messages. They would have to record everytime a few guests check in.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 06:46:18 PM »
What kind of 200 is this?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 02:36:00 PM »
What voicemail system? This is not possible in the embedded VM or Express Messenger, but I believe a Welcome Message is possible with Nupoint or Innline 2020 voicemail for guests, *IF* they are using PMS integration which checks mailboxes in and out automatically. Otherwise, no...

Is this still a franchise "requirement" for some chains? I remember back in the late 90's and early 2000's some chains had a welcome greeting requirement so that every time a guest checked in, they would get a welcome greeting in their mailbox at check-in like "Thank you for staying with (blah, blah), be sure to stop by the bar and tie on a good one, then get a greasy over-cooked breakfast in our 1 star restaurant we like to call a 5 star in the morning. We just cleaned the pool because someone got sick in it yesterday, so make sure you shower afterwards so your skin doesn't fall off"... or something to that effect, but with the proliferation of cell phones no one even looks at room phones anymore and often a blinking light phone just get's unplugged. Most chains figured out fast this was too difficult/expensive for most properties to implement and no one bothered to listen anyway so this faded away as quickly as it came up. It's been probably 15 years since I have heard this request...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 04:48:53 PM by acejavelin »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 08:51:27 PM »
I was thinking if it is an ICP, you might be able to set up an information only box and have the dial something like 411 for our specials and use ftp to put the message as the mailbox greeting. I would assume that if you kept the file name it would play a profession track in the correct format, likely headerless raw mu-law

Offline Curtin_BPW

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 08:44:47 AM »
Yeah the gentleman that submitted this request seemed on the older side. Maybe his best days were in the 90s. They are using embedded voicemail on a SX-200 ICP AX Controller. I told them that this is not possible on the system he is on.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10