Author Topic: MiCollab 8.0 no voicemail playback on deskphone  (Read 687 times)

Offline huffduff_boffins

• View Profile
MiCollab 8.0 no voicemail playback on deskphone
« on: March 09, 2020, 07:06:11 PM »
I have a Mitel 6940 phone, configured as "hotdesk" in the user account (which may make a difference with this issue, though since it's a cloud backend and I have hardly any say in how things are configured, I have no idea what other options there are). I have the MiCollab 8.0 app installed on my computer.

I can't get voicemail to playback through the deskphone. The only option is through the computer speakers. I do not see my deskphone as an option anywhere in the MiCollab settings (only "Default Communications Device" and "Default Device") and my phone doesn't show up in Windows' Device Manager at all. Contrast this with Shoretel Communicator which we used for many years and which immediately after installing recognized I had a desk phone attached and defaulted to playback on that vs. the computer.

There must be a way to make this software play voicemails through the phone but I can't figure it out and my attempts to get my vendor to give me some direction on this issue led nowhere.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiCollab 8.0 no voicemail playback on deskphone
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 07:28:33 PM »
The old client could call you, not sure the new has that. You may be able to set up visual voicemail on the phone

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10