Author Topic: MiVoice 5000 Call recording incoming LOF  (Read 922 times)

Offline scotthahn

• Contributer
    • View Profile
MiVoice 5000 Call recording incoming LOF
« on: March 06, 2020, 12:56:14 PM »
I have a strange issue with our call recording system.
We keep getting calls that stop recording randomly. I was able to track down an error after some investigating.
I was able to watch port status from the admin app for the recording system and see the alarms for 1 of the T1s stating Incoming LOF..
At that point, any calls being recorded off that T1 truck would stop recording and I would get an email alert about it.( found where I could set that up finally  :) )

My question is, how do I resolve these errors? My regular tech support could not find any issues and stated that our system was not supported by Mitel any longer...

Thanks,

Scott

Offline Travis

• View Profile
Re: MiVoice 5000 Call recording incoming LOF
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 03:55:21 PM »
Hey Scott,

Incoming LOF indicates that the PRI is dropping frames. How this should be setup based on the information you provided is the PRI Circuit should be split into two separate cables. One cable goes to your pbx and the other should go into the port on the back of the recording platform. I'm going to assume this is an Oaisys call recorder? That was discontinued not to long ago.

If you are losing frames on the one cable but the call is fine at the pbx I would say it could be a bad splitter, bad cable from the splitter, or a faulty PRI interface on the recording server. The server should have LED Indicators for the PRI cable, Do those remain lit while the call is dropped? I have had issues with Oaisys' PRI Interface cards in the past just shutting off. But they generally tend to stay off completely

Thanks,
Travis

Offline Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 04:02:27 PM »
You can also check for lost frames in the MiVoice office 250 by going to system>controller>T1/PRI Module>Port> T1 Diagnostics>Hourly  Here you will see an overview of any types of issues the PRIis having. Every time the system reboots there will be a few number spikes so keep that in mind. Look at ES and SES for number spikes. Anything above 2. This will help determine if its a cable/splitter/provider issue.

Offline scotthahn

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 09:37:24 AM »
Thanks for the replies.

We had new splitters installed months ago as the original ones were hand made splitters with poor connections. The cables are new when the splitters were replaced.

I am seeing the alarms on both PRIs. the calls themselves do not drop, only the recordings stop...

T1 diags show 0 on all columns for both circuits in the Office 250 programming for hourly and daily....

I guess I could try new cables again. Can't remember if it is a straight-through or standard cat6 cable...

Thanks again....

Scott
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 09:53:32 AM by scotthahn »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10