Author Topic: Live MOH Computer or SIP device  (Read 748 times)

Offline mitel361

• View Profile
Live MOH Computer or SIP device
« on: March 02, 2020, 11:42:15 AM »
My site is considering Live MOH rather than our existing embedded solution.  Per the System Administration help, a computer or SIP device can be the source for the Mitel MCD.

Is anyone using a computer?  If so, what software would be used to answer the PBX / connect to the PBX?  And also feed the audio to the PBX?

Is anyone using a SIP device?  If so, what make and model? 

I've read through a thread posted in 2017 on this site - mentioned merbridge, but I didn't see the end result of making this work.   Work in progress at this time, but may looking at using a streaming service for the source. 

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Live MOH Computer or SIP device
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 07:00:48 PM »
Merbridge is expensive. I am playing some police radio as the music source for a customer. I used sip ata connected to a viking rad-1a which was set up like a church service remote access. Mutel calls sip ata, viking rad-1a answers and connects external source.

Offline mitel361

• View Profile
Re: Live MOH Computer or SIP device
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 03:30:23 PM »
Thanks johnp, I can see our site using a similar solution for another application. 

For MOH, we decided to go with an Embedded Analog MOH as we have the card in place.  Just need to purchase a streaming device with the correct output port.  Cloud box is the target device.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10