Author Topic: DB Software Version  (Read 2136 times)

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
DB Software Version
« on: February 25, 2020, 10:44:55 AM »
I just experienced an issue where I could not access DB programming because the software on my laptop did not match what was on the controller.  I was able to downgrade my laptop to the correct version in order to connect to the controller.  The controller was at 6.3.6.21 and my laptop was at 6.3.7.97.  However, when I needed to connect to another controller running 6.3.7.97 I had to delete the programmer from my laptop and reinstall 6.3.7.97.  I see this as very problematic because every time I need to work on a system that is different from my laptop, I will need to delete the current version I have and install the correct one for that system.  Currently there is a new service pack available which uses 6.3.8.xx.  If I install this version, then I will not have access to most of the other systems I have in the field.  I am curious what other people do in this situation.

Offline magnus

• View Profile
Re: DB Software Version
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 11:51:25 AM »
Generally you just install the plugin for the version you wish to use

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 02:17:04 PM »
Well, if I have to uninstall, and reinstall the DB software every time I work on a system with different software, that is piss poor, asinine and just plain ridiculous.  I am certified on 7 other phone systems and have never had to do any such thing.  I love the 250, but this is just utterly ridiculous.

Offline markyb73

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 05:27:04 PM »
As magnus says, all you need to do is install the db plugin relevant to the system you want to connect to. No need to uninstall what you already have installed.

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 02:59:18 PM »
I guess I still don't understand.  When I see this window pop up What am I supposed to do? Where are these alleged plug ins?

Offline markyb73

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 03:57:45 PM »
The plugins are available from Mitel in their downloads section.
What i would personally do is install the programming tool 6.3.7.97 over the top of the version you have installed, just accept the defaults.
Then grab the plugins zip 6.0 to 6.3. Extract and install the plugin version it is asking for, then you should be able to connect and open the database.
There is no need to uninstall anything, just keep adding the plugin versions that you need, i have plenty installed on my laptop :)

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 05:19:41 PM »
OK, well after nearly an hour to download the .zip file for the plug ins, it works.  Not the greatest solution but it does work.

Thank you.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10