Author Topic: Auto attendant  (Read 1412 times)

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Auto attendant
« on: February 21, 2020, 04:09:09 PM »
I just need our main line to be pointed directly to the AA, so everyone calling in gets prompted to enter the extension of who they are calling.

Cheers

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Auto attendant
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 04:27:31 PM »
I point lines to ring groups with no members with an always reroute to voicemail and then create a matching mailbox and configure call director there.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 04:43:53 PM »
We use embedded voicemail

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 05:47:49 PM »
Is the main line a DID via PRI or SIP, and if so how is routed to it's current destination, or is it analog lines in a trunk group? In general, you can just point the number(s) or trunk groups to the main VM hunt group.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 06:33:41 PM »
Hi ace,

Currently its a speed call to the operator extension.
we want to create MLAA ( for sales press 1, bla bla bla and the last choice, if you know the extension number please dial it.

Online johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 09:29:12 PM »
If embedded, know that a MLAA will repeat 3 times before going to the operator. Create a trusted extension that reroutes always ro vm. Create MLAA within this MB, point number to trustef extension.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 07:00:24 AM »
 What I would like to have is that the caller dials the extension number if he knows it. How can I set this?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2020, 12:07:38 PM »
Create transfer only mailboxes to match your extension plan. So, if you have extensions that are 2xxx and 3xxx, create a transfer-only mailbox 2000 and 3000, Then callers can dial any valid extension number and the MLAA will transfer to the dialed number. You can even have a mix of MLAA options. So you could have an option 2 and still dial extension 2222 because the VM will wait for a timeout (3 seconds I think) before going to the menu option.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2020, 06:24:01 AM »
Create transfer only mailboxes to match your extension plan. So, if you have extensions that are 2xxx and 3xxx, create a transfer-only mailbox 2000 and 3000, Then callers can dial any valid extension number and the MLAA will transfer to the dialed number. You can even have a mix of MLAA options. So you could have an option 2 and still dial extension 2222 because the VM will wait for a timeout (3 seconds I think) before going to the menu option.

I didn't really understand. My users already have mailboxes. Currently, I have a speed call from my did number to my operator's extension n. What I want is to create an acd path or a hunt group rad with the message: welcome to the company blala bla, if you know the number of the extension , please dial it

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2020, 05:11:24 AM »
Hi sunspark,

If you want to use the 'dial by extension' functionality using embedded voicemail you need to use MLAA or point the call straight to VM and use the "main business greeting". I dont believe you can do this through using ACD path or hunt group RAD but I could be wrong.

The way I have done this in the past is pointing the external number straight through to the voicemail system and use the "main business greeting" option (Music on hold > system audio files update) to hold the main auto attendant greeting. When the call has been answered this way it will allow you to dial by extension. For the options, you just need to create transfer only mailboxes which have the numbers 1 for option 1, 2 for 2 etc...

The transfer only mailboxes then include the extension number of where this needs to be transferred to.

Martin

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10