Author Topic: CSV Import: Bulk Adding Extensions to a 3300  (Read 1669 times)

Offline dcluser

• Contributer
    • View Profile
CSV Import: Bulk Adding Extensions to a 3300
« on: February 19, 2020, 09:23:27 AM »
Good morning.

I need to add a LOT extensions to a Mitel 3300 in a very short amount of time and I'd like to do it without having to add each extension one at a time.

I've exported the current User and Services Configuration from the switch to a CSV file and the plan is to edit it with Excel to add the additional extensions, but I'm not sure how to proceed.  According to the Google searching I've done, I've learned that "some" of the "fields" (and by "fields" I'm thinking they meant columns?) need to be deleted from the CSV file before importing it into the system, but there were no details on which fields need to be deleted.  When editing the CSV file, do I delete all the existing extension information and only include the new extensions before importing?  Will that delete the existing extensions when it creates the new ones or just add the new extensions?

HELP!

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CSV Import: Bulk Adding Extensions to a 3300
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 04:23:56 PM »
If you click the "Import" button it will give you option to "download a copy of the import spreadsheet" and you can use that. You'll something that can decompress a tar archive like 7-Zip.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 04:27:25 PM »
Also importing will only add new information, it will not delete what is already there - however it can change what is already there. So if you export all, and change their COR and re-upload that it will change all the COR's that you modified.

Offline dcluser

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 11:01:44 AM »
Thank you ZuluAlpha, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 10:39:32 AM »
Yes the import spreadsheet is what you need.

Exporting/editing/importing is for making mass changes (using notepad++ for example). Be careful, something like notepad or excel will usually change the encoding of the csv, and importing will not work. Notepad++ works fine.

An example of a mass change : you add a MiVB in a cluster, and want to rebalance resiliency => you need to remove the secondary element of dozens of phones, then add the new secondary element, quite cumbersome to do phone by phone.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10