Author Topic: Creating users with restricted access on MiCollab  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Chicken

• View Profile
Creating users with restricted access on MiCollab
« on: February 14, 2020, 08:28:22 AM »
Hello!

I need help... Our company recently upgraded our phone system and the vendor who set it up went out of business so now we're basically left to figure it out on our own...

I believe we have an MCD 3300.

How can I create an account that can log in to MiCollab web interface and only have access to NuPoint Web Console - Call Directory - Call Flow.

This user (contact center manager) needs to be able to update our recordings constantly.

(I found information on setting up User Authorization Profiles and Admin Policies but that it looks like it's only on MiVoice web interface).

Thanks for all your help.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Creating users with restricted access on MiCollab
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 08:46:37 AM »
If it's only recordings that need updated, they can do that via phone in the Call Director mailbox. You would just need to provide them the action ID's. Sometimes I print out the call flow and label it for them.

Offline Chicken

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 09:46:34 AM »
If it's only recordings that need updated, they can do that via phone in the Call Director mailbox. You would just need to provide them the action ID's. Sometimes I print out the call flow and label it for them.

The manager used text to speech software to generate the WAV files. They would need to upload the file.

Make sense?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 10:01:31 AM by Chicken »

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 01:52:50 PM »
Yeah, that wouldn't work well over the phone.

They should be able to log in at https://[nupoint address]/npm-pwg/loginForm.jsp and do that via the Call Director tab. I believe you have to enable COS bit 290   Enable UM-Web View for that mailbox as well.

Offline Chicken

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 04:05:19 PM »
Yeah, that wouldn't work well over the phone.

They should be able to log in at https://[nupoint address]/npm-pwg/loginForm.jsp and do that via the Call Director tab. I believe you have to enable COS bit 290   Enable UM-Web View for that mailbox as well.

Thank you! I'm now able to log in and see the Call Director option but how do I give a specific user access to manage the recordings for 30+ extension mailboxes?

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 04:47:30 PM »
I don't know any other way than giving them the passcode to log in for each one.

Offline Chicken

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 05:22:02 PM »
I don't know any other way than giving them the passcode to log in for each one.

I appreciate all your help! Thank you!

I ended up creating an administrator in FMSA and will give the user access to http://server/npm-admin to manage the call director that way.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10