Author Topic: Mitel Attendant Console transfer to VM grayed out...  (Read 1659 times)

Offline JeffonJohnsIsland

• View Profile
Mitel Attendant Console transfer to VM grayed out...
« on: February 13, 2020, 06:10:14 PM »
The receptionists noticed the transfer to VM in Mitel Attendant console is grayed out, in certain, very specific, situations. 

We have four nodes, two which were brought online last summer.  In the last few weeks, a bunch of people have been moving into the new building, which has the node which went live last summer.  The people moved from other buildings and most were using Hot Desk.  Since they came from a different address, I had to delete there old HD, and create a new HD on the new node (what a PIB.)  A week or so after they transferred to the new building/node, the receptionist said the Mitel Attendant Console right click and transfer to VM was grayed out.  It worked in the beginning.

After lots of time testing, I found once a HD user logs out and back in to their HD, the Attendant Console had the right click to VM grayed out.  If I deleted and added back the HD users VM, the Attendant Console right click to VM wasn't grayed out and would work...until I logged out of the HD.  I tested this several times today and it seems very repeatable.

Details--The system has four HX nodes with 6.3.7.99.  Node one has a PRI/T1 coming in, and nodes two, three and four are connected via fiber.  Voice mail is centralized on node 1.  Receptionists are located at node one.  We have CT Gateway, ver 5.0.64.0, licensed for all nodes and all receptionists.  All Hot Desks are 5340's.  There is a MiVoice Office Application Suite, with Phone Manager ver 5.2.  Office Application server is licensed for all nodes, however node 2 doesn’t have the required agent. 

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this problem?  Any suggestions are appreciated.

I will be off the grid until Tuesday morning, when I will be attacking the problem again.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Jeff

• View Profile
Re: Mitel Attendant Console transfer to VM grayed out...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 06:35:15 PM »
I forgot to mention, the HD-Base also has the same issue.  If I configure a VM for the base while logged out of the Hot Desk, Attendant Console right click to VM isn't grayed out (for the base.)  Once I log into the Hot Desk, the base right click to VM is grayed out. 

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 10:46:38 PM »
Sounds like you have some digit conflicts... Do a full manual export and import then check the system logs of all nodes to see if there is anything in them that isn't syncing due to conflict. Also make sure in the remote notes that a local mailbox does not exist for any of those extensions.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 07:51:45 PM »
Mitel tech was out, and had seen this problem before. 

The fix is in Mitel Attendant Console, click on the Console tab, choose Options, the under the Program tab, uncheck "Get mailbox information from the telephone system".  Seems a bit backwards, counter-intuitive, etc., however it fixed the problem. 

Two nodes with Mitel Attendant Console (with CT Gateway) has been allowing right clicks (not grayed out) for over five years.  We added two nodes and in the last six months, I suspect something changed in the last F/W release or adding two nodes changed something.

Paying a tech to fix problems that I think only happen due to F/W or node additions is annoying.

Jeff

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10