Author Topic: Ring Group  (Read 3456 times)

Offline rkowals

• View Profile
Ring Group
« on: February 11, 2020, 01:20:16 PM »
My boss want to setup some type of ring group on our SX-200 ICP, where if a call comes into the receptionist, and she's not there or on the phone, it will ring another phone for a few rings, and if no one picks up, it rings the next line, so on and so on.  HE doesn't want an auto-attendant, Hunt groups doesn't look promising.  Any ideas, other than throwing the system out the door.  We're a small school and very little knowledge on this old system.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Ring Group
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 02:16:46 PM »
You are literally describing a Hunt Group... Why do you think that isn't what you want?

Offline rkowals

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 09:08:45 AM »
Is there a way to setup the hunt group without any of the Voice Mail/Ports/RAD Groups?  We don't use the auto attendant or message greetings, other than the VM prompt.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 01:44:56 PM »
Is there a way to setup the hunt group without any of the Voice Mail/Ports/RAD Groups?  We don't use the auto attendant or message greetings, other than the VM prompt.
Yes... Just create the hunt group, add the extensions, and assign it an extension number. You don't need to fill in every field.

Offline rkowals

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 02:23:07 PM »
So, if the call goes to the main number, or an internal number rings that ext. it will go to the hunt group after it rings so many times?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 10:44:19 PM »
So, if the call goes to the main number, or an internal number rings that ext. it will go to the hunt group after it rings so many times?
You would set Call Forward Busy/No Answer on that phone to the hunt group... Or better would be to just point the DID to the hunt group and make that extension the first member of the hunt group.

Offline rkowals

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 09:49:16 AM »
So, talking with the Boss, he would want both external and internal calls routed to the hunt group, and that is the DID#.  just a couple of questions as the tech manual isn't much help on what we are trying to accomplish.
1.  Can we setup the HG for both external and internal calls?, if so how.
2.  In the Form # 17, where do I start. Group Type, Circular, Options, Hunt Group. 

Any help would be appreciated as I don't want to blow up the system

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 02:06:58 PM »
The answer depends on a number of things... Are you DID's routed via system speed dial or DID Call Routing? This will determine how the DID call is routed to the hunt group.

Group type would be Stn/Set
"Access Code" is the extension of the hunt group. It can be anything not conflicting.
Hunting would be Terminal (always start at top of list, sometimes called Top Down or Sequential hunting) or Circular (always ring the next available one after what was rang last, sometimes called Round Robin). This is purely as needed for your application. Terminal will always give the people at the top of the list the calls first, Circular will distribute them somewhat evenly.

Offline rkowals

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 01:38:49 PM »
I checked around with our old IT guy on the DID route, he wasn't sure.

So I'm just about ready to get this done, in Menu 17.  nothing is listed except Ext Num 2001-2023, nothing is labeled in the menu. Sub Menu: 1Group Type, 2Circular, 3Insert 4Options 5Hunt 8Delete 9Group Ext Number.
The Documentation I have is not very helpful

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2020, 04:26:10 PM »
My guess is that is your voicemail hunt group... Dial the extension assigned to it to find out.

You will likely need to add a new group. If you are really getting in over your head, perhaps you should get all the details together and contact a Mitel dealer.

Offline rkowals

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2020, 03:26:53 PM »
Having a little time to look at this phone system, I go to Form 55, the incoming digit tell me that the DID Prefix is 1, the Day # goes to an ext as well as N1, N2 goes to 4000 (? no idea).  I follow ext  for Day and N1, the same ext 6491, how do I tie ext 6491 to roll over to a pickup group if the call is not answered?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2020, 08:34:19 PM »
Having a little time to look at this phone system, I go to Form 55, the incoming digit tell me that the DID Prefix is 1, the Day # goes to an ext as well as N1, N2 goes to 4000 (? no idea).  I follow ext  for Day and N1, the same ext 6491, how do I tie ext 6491 to roll over to a pickup group if the call is not answered?
You can see what 4000 is in form 35. :)

You would set the Call Forward No Answer point to the DN of the hunt/ring group (pickup groups are something else) or alternatively, put a Multicall Appearance of 6491 on the set you want it to ring on and set it to delayed ring.

Offline rkowals

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2020, 01:12:04 PM »
Honestly this is pretty much above me, so I'm at the phone that the outside call rings to, on Key 12, it's entered as a call pickup.  After that, I'm not sure what it does.  We have a Pickup group that I would figure where the Key 12 should route to? If that's the case, how to I program that Key to go to the PU Group #2, of if that isn't the answer, what is?  I'd rather have someone with experience come in and show us what needs to be done, and how to do it, but we are slightly under funded to get outside support.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10