Author Topic: ACD path interflow to speed dial not working  (Read 2225 times)

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
ACD path interflow to speed dial not working
« on: February 05, 2020, 03:11:32 PM »
I have a main greeting that plays to callers and indicates various options that the caller can choose. I have configured the Mitel 3300 ICP so that when a caller presses option 3, the caller is redirected to a speed dial. However, what actually happens after the caller presses option 3, is that music on hold plays for 3 seconds after which the main greeting is played to the user again and again so long as they keep pressing option 3.

In ACD paths, I have set "Interflow Point Directory Number" and "Path Unavailable Answer Point Directory Number" to the speed dial number 1234. However, if I use an extension number instead of a speed dial, when the caller presses option 3 the extension rings, so the issue is around the speed dial. I have tested this speed dial on a Mitel IP phone and it works. Is there any other setting that needs to be configured to get it to work?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ACD path interflow to speed dial not working
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 07:09:35 PM »
I assume the speed dial is dialing external. It's going to be a cos or cor issue likely not have external call forward enabled or restricted and speed call hasn't got the override set

Offline dutch_tuga

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 04:29:26 AM »
johnp is correct. Check what COS number you are using for your ACD path and check there the call forwarding option.

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 12:11:06 PM »
I assume the speed dial is dialing external. It's going to be a cos or cor issue likely not have external call forward enabled or restricted and speed call hasn't got the override set

Yes, the speed dial is dialing external. I checked the Call Forwarding/Rerouting under the COS of the ACD Path and found that "Call Forwarding (External Destination)" and "Call Forward Override" were set to "No", so I set them both to "Yes", but the calls still don't get forwarded. The speed dial also has "Overrides Toll Control" set to "Yes". Where is the COR set for the ACD path? Can't seem to find it under Path Options in ACD paths.

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 12:11:51 PM »
johnp is correct. Check what COS number you are using for your ACD path and check there the call forwarding option.

I enabled "Call Forwarding (External Destination)" and "Call Forward Override", but didn't seem to work.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 07:35:04 AM »
Try setting up discrete ARS lines for the external numbers. I've had issues before with certain devices being unable to dial speed calls that override toll control, and this was the fix.

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 02:43:13 AM »
Try setting up discrete ARS lines for the external numbers. I've had issues before with certain devices being unable to dial speed calls that override toll control, and this was the fix.

Which form do you setup discrete ARS lines on the Mitel 3300 ICP? Tried searching, but didn't find any info on discrete ARS.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 06:40:01 PM »
Is this going to a tollfree number?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2020, 09:16:29 PM »

Which form do you setup discrete ARS lines on the Mitel 3300 ICP? Tried searching, but didn't find any info on discrete ARS.

ARS Digits Dialed. Set up a line for the exact number the speed call is dialing, sending it to the appropriate destination.

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 11:47:17 AM »
Is this going to a tollfree number?

No, its a mobile number.

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 11:54:42 AM »
ARS Digits Dialed. Set up a line for the exact number the speed call is dialing, sending it to the appropriate destination.

So I added the below entry in ARS Digits Dialed:

Digits Dialed: 0<exact phone number here>, Number of Digits to Follow: 0, Termination Type: List, Termination Number: 3 (the list points to the trunk group used for outbound calls).

but seems that the forwarding to the speed dial still doesn't work.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 08:41:44 AM »
Going back to something simple that I've both seen and done - do you need dial a digit for an outside number first? Your speedcall destination will also have to dial that digit. If your terminating route for ARS has a digit modification your ARS routes (like stripping a leading "9" for an outside call before sending the call to the trunks) you will need to take that in to account as well when setting up your digits dialed.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 01:56:31 PM »
Stupid question... Have you verified the COR of the caller can place the call? For example, if the caller is coming in on a PRI trunk, is the COR of that trunk allowed to make a call out the outbound trunks?

Here is how I would trouble shoot this...

1) From an internal phone, dial the speed dial number. Is the call successful? Then the Speed Dial is OK, if not, your speed dial is setup incorrectly.
2) From an internal phone, dial the ACD Path and allow the call to Interflow to the Speed Dial, if the call works then go to the next step, if not, check the interflow settings and adjust the ACD Path parameters until it works.
2a) If the caller is not dialing a DID directly to the ACD path, but an Auto Attendant or being transferred by an operator, call that extension from an internal phone and duplicate it.
3) If all this is good but the call still fails from outside, change the speed dial to internal number and test it. If it works, then the most likely issue a COR problem.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10