Author Topic: Consoles and call queues side by side  (Read 888 times)

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
Consoles and call queues side by side
« on: February 05, 2020, 01:35:57 PM »
We currently have every station (all eight) in our reception area running the 5540 IP consoles (IP versions of the old SC1000).

The consoles do a ton of stuff they don't need, and don't have any of the desk set phones that would be helpful.

I want to migrate them all over to some kind of power-user desk set like a 5340e or 6940, but I'm running into a stumbling block. They want to be able to test side by side, and all of our outside main numbers exist as console softkeys only. That means I can't set them up as a regular multi-call, and I'm trying to figure out how to make them desk sets and consoles work together.

Long term, the goal would be to have a ring group that they join/leave.

I'm open to any kind of suggestion.

Offline dutch_tuga

• View Profile
Re: Consoles and call queues side by side
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 04:33:32 AM »
This is technical not possible or at least of what I am aware of. You can only do this using softkeys with a group of consoles or using desk phones (without consoles) and then use a ring group or multi call.

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 08:53:26 AM »
Might be a bit long winded, but something you could maybe try to test this out.. Ignore the numbers I include as its just an example:

Reception console has a softkey DN of 5010

Create a new ring group with a pilot number 5000
Add your deskphones to this ring group

Create a dummy trusted extension on the system, say extension 5001. Go to call rerouting and use the always alternative form, choose a free entry. Say always alternative 3, set this to always reroute to 5010. Then go to the call rerouting for extension 5001 and set the day, night 1 and night 2 routing to always alternative 3. This will mean that whenever 5001 is dialled it will go through to 5010.

Add extension 5001 to the ring group 5000 along with the deskphones.

Point your external number or whatever you need to that ring group, hopefully all required devices including the console will ring at once.

Just something to try  :)

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 04:13:52 AM »
Just a quick update, tested my theory above and it doesnt work unfortunately. Only way I have managed to get them both working is calls coming into the deskphone as a primary answer point then a first alternative set to the console/group of consoles.

Thanks

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10