Author Topic: MiVB-X to "standard" virtualized suite  (Read 1504 times)

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
MiVB-X to "standard" virtualized suite
« on: February 04, 2020, 08:56:14 PM »
So Mitel is basically giving up on the MiVB-X product as they are apparently shifting everything to a container-based architecture. That leaves many of us integrators with lots of existing customers out there looking for upgrades without an easy path forward. What's the consensus out there on what to do with these? How ugly is the migration process to convert an Express to a "standard" virtual suite?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiVB-X to "standard" virtualized suite
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 09:24:16 PM »
So product bulletin PB2019Oct15A states the below:
Future releases of MiVoice Business and accompanying applications will add a software variant based on “container” technology. This container-based architecture provides an environment that is similar to MiVoice Business Express, in that it shares an Operating System across the different applications. This new variant will first be available for public cloud applications, then for server-based private cloud applications. MiVoice Business Express customers will be able to make the migration to this architecture. Mitel will provide the procedure for licensing restatement and data migration as required.

MiVoice Business Express customers who are interested in moving to 9.0 or later will soon have the option of migrating to two virtual machines, one for MiVoice Business and the other for MiCollab. The MiCollab VM will also include MiVoice Border Gateway. This will require a licensing conversion by Mitel, and a data migration from one system to the other. Mitel will provide the data migration procedure as required. The licensing for the move from MiVoice Business Express to two virtual machines will be priced such that it is neutral for existing MiVoice Business Express customers. New customers or new deployments wanting MiVoice Business Express capacity will also be able to order the two virtual machine licenses at the existing MiVoice Business Express price. In either case, SWA will also continue to be charged at the existing rate.

I guess we would have to wait for Mitel to let us know the migration procedure. Not sure how difficult it will be, I haven't heard anything yet.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 07:16:15 PM »
From what I here from a co-worker it isn't bad if the amc licensing is correct. The MiCollab get the known ip and the MCD might have to be restored from backup setting it up with the address it had. This is all based on version 9 using 1 address for MCD

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 08:28:19 PM »
I've got a few MiVB-X installs out there at 8.0.0.40, which has the AWV bug where you can't schedule conferences past 12/31/2020. Would be nice if I could offer those customers a full upgrade to the latest and greatest, instead of just a bug fix upgrade.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 08:37:41 PM »

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 10:49:05 AM »
Good. When I migrated from MXe Servers to ISS nobody at Mitel knew how to do it, we had to lab things and improvise. AMC was at a loss too, for months the licenses were in limbo (but without issue).

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 10:24:00 AM »
Would be interested to hear if anyone has completed a migration procedure for this yet and if they have any feedback or issues during the process?

There are a few MiVB-X out there that we will be planning this migration for soon.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10