Author Topic: Routing Voicemail to Skype For Business When Call Has Come In Through Mitel Sys.  (Read 1026 times)

Offline dereksidwell0468

• View Profile
Hi,
We are in the process of moving from Mitel 3300 ICP to Skype For Business.
While in this transition period the MD would like to carry on giving out his Mitel phone number.
I have set a forward from his Mitel phone to his Skype For Business number which then forwards to his EA's Skype For Business number if not answered after 25 seconds.
However, if the call is not picked up at all, the call goes back to the MD's Mitel voicemail.
Is there a setting within Mitel where I can force the voicemail to go to either the MD's or EA's Skype For Business voicemail.
I am not allowed to put a Mitel phone back on his desk for this purpose :(
I have tried accessing the voicemail remotely from my mobile but when I do, I am told that his extension does not exist even though it was a newly created voice mail box and I could see 2 new messages in there.
I have asked our telecoms provider to forward his Mitel number directly to his Skype For Business number but they are really dragging their feet on this.
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you ever so much.
Derek

Offline Martin

• View Profile
If you have a forward active from the Mitel which is then going to Skype but hitting the Mitel's voicemail (assuming 1st alternative of the MD's extension) before the Skype phone or voicemail answers, I would assume that the call forward no answer timer on the users Mitel extension class of service is set to a shorter time than it takes for the Skype call flow to complete and hit its own voicemail, hence the call coming back to the Mitel users voicemail.

If you want the forwarded call to not hit the Mitel voicemail at all, I would initially remove any 1st alternative configuration that user has or make sure that the CFNA timer is set to longer than the Skype call flow.

Martin

Offline dereksidwell0468

• View Profile
Hi Martin,
Thank you ever so much for your response.
Would this 1st alternative configuration be under Call Routing > Call Rerouting Assignment and then Call Rerouting - 1st Alternative
Is there somewhere in the Mitel I can see the actual lengths of the CFNA timer.
Thanks again very much for your help.
Regards
Derek

Offline Martin

• View Profile
So if you look in call rerouting, then search their directory number, it will show you the day, night 1, night 2, 1st and 2nd alternative configuration for that directory number. If you see what number is under the 1st alternative. Then go to the form you mention in your reply and search by that number, it will show you what that entry relates to and where it will be rerouting the call, this could be pointing to a speed call which then goes straight to the external number to the other system.

To view the CFNA timer for that extension, search their user on the system, open up the phone config and then go to "service details" you will see the class of service number assigned to the phone.

Once you have the COS number go to system properties > system feature settings > class of service options. When on here select the COS number from the phone and scroll down the options to the call forwarding section, you will then find the CFNA timer which you can change.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10