Author Topic: Mitel IVR: Prompt with new audio not playing  (Read 2144 times)

Offline tsame

• View Profile
Mitel IVR: Prompt with new audio not playing
« on: January 31, 2020, 08:15:51 AM »
Hello everyone. I am administering a Mitel 3300 ICP and using YourSite Explorer 9.0.2.0 to configure a prompt under IVR Routing > Prompts. I have a menu that plays a wav file when callers dial in. I wanted to change the wav file with a new one. So, I selected the existing prompt > Custom wave files > added a new wav file, added it to Selected members and removed the previous wav file. I then saved the changes but when testing, the old greeting still plays.

So instead I created a new prompt by following this link from Mitel: http://micc.mitel.com/kb/KnowledgebaseArticle51445.aspx. I then went to the menu activity (where the current greeting prompt is linked) > Properties > Prompts: Instructions and changed it to the new prompt with the newly added wav file. After saving and testing, I found that this new prompt never plays and is instead skipped and another prompt that follows plays. What could be causing this? Is there something else that needs to be configured to get the prompt to play the new wav file?

EDIT: I found the following warning in the Mitel 3300 ICP web interface: SDS Distribution Error Status. Could this be the cause?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 09:05:19 AM by tsame »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel IVR: Prompt with new audio not playing
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 07:07:32 PM »
Is your wav in the correct format think it has to be 8 bit mu-law. SDS would not cause your issue

Offline tsame

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 10:42:29 AM »
Is your wav in the correct format think it has to be 8 bit mu-law. SDS would not cause your issue

I think it is as I followed this Mitel guide from Step 8: https://oneview.mitel.com/s/article/How-to-Lower-Audio-Levels-for-File-Based-Music-on-Hold to convert the original m4a (recorded from my phone) to wav using Audacity.

The code information from VLC player mentions the below info about my wav file:
  • Codec: PCM MU-LAW (mlaw)
  • Type: Audio
  • Channels: Mono
  • Sample rate: 48000 Hz
  • Bits per sample: 16
Something else I noticed was when attempting to change the audio file of an existing prompt to an audio file used by another prompt (located under C:\Program Files (x86)\Mitel\MiContact Center\Ivr\Media\Custom\en-US) it also did not play and got skipped (however, the latter prompt, which is set on an activity, plays its audio file correctly). I also checked that I was using the same language for a prompt as the default language of YourSite Explorer and both are using en-US.

EDIT: The size of the wav file is 1,43 MB. Not sure if that is over the size limit.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 12:28:20 PM by tsame »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 07:07:10 PM »
8000 Hz

Offline tsame

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 01:46:46 AM »
8000 Hz

Just tried changing the sampling rate to 8000 Hz, but prompt still gets skipped. So I tried recording the audio directly from YourSite Explorer via Prompts > Custom wave files > Add > Record wave file and after adding it to the prompt and applying it to the Menu activity, the prompt still gets skipped. So I think the issue may not be with the audio file.

Offline tsame

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 11:53:31 AM »
It turns out that there was a Language Activity, which was set to English (UK), at the beginning of the call flow, while the default language of YourSite Explorer (and existing prompts) was in English (US). Setting the Language Activity to English (US) solved the problem.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 07:20:55 PM »
Good to hear that it's working

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10