Author Topic: MiVB-X 8.0 - no way audio on transfers to EHDU's  (Read 1360 times)

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
MiVB-X 8.0 - no way audio on transfers to EHDU's
« on: January 29, 2020, 09:35:49 PM »
Got a head-scratcher that's been bugging me all week. Customer with MiVB-X 8.0, SIP trunks with carrier-provided NetVanta 3140 SBC (NexVortex is the carrier, MiVB-facing interface is a private IP in the 10.x.x.x range), and the MBG on the Express is doing indirect call recording to MiVCR. Incoming call is answered by a deskphone or softphone user, transferred to a user with EHDU set up to a cell phone. Caller hears MOH while the EHDU rings, when the xfer destination answers the cell phone, we get no way audio. If the transferring phone instead transfers directly to the cell phone, works fine. I suspect the MBG/indirect call recording is doing something funny, but I'm a little stumped on where to start. Any ideas?

Offline pmhaynes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiVB-X 8.0 - no way audio on transfers to EHDU's
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 04:27:06 AM »
a little bell is going off in my head around bo audio with SIP trunks and EHDU's
i will see if i can find anything that makes the bell louder and report back

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 07:17:23 AM »
Try changing "Renegotiate SDP to Enforce Symmetric Codec" to Yes  in the SIP Peer Profile form.

Does the tug.log show anything of value?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 07:47:52 PM »
Haven't checked tug.log yet. I bounced off Mitel tech support, they recommended changing a couple of Early Media related SDP settings, waiting to test in the AM when the customer is open. If that doesn't work I'll give the codec setting a try.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 09:14:56 AM »
So Mitel tech support suggested enabling "Allow using UPDATE for Early Media renegotiation" and "Force sending SDP in initial invite - Early Answer", and with those enabled the EHDU doesn't even ring. Tried "Renegotiate SDP to Enforce Symmetric Codec", and the EHDU rings but still gets no way audio.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2020, 07:00:49 PM »
Had tech support tell me to try  "Force sending SDP in initial invite - Early Answer" for a customer with an intermittent issue. I have never had to use this setting and the directions say to avoid. Either way this is on an approved coe carrier and setup per document. Tier 1 sucks

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 08:50:40 PM »
So I did a stare and compare between the SIP COE guide and the SIP Peer profile, found a few mismatches, and that fixed it. I don't have the list of the specific options in front of me, but I can provide them if someone needs them. Bottom line, the guy who installed this one should have RTFM.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10