Author Topic: Losing audio after 30 minutes  (Read 2713 times)

Offline RLyon

• View Profile
Losing audio after 30 minutes
« on: January 28, 2020, 02:45:08 PM »
I call out and after 30 minutes it shows the call is still connected but loses 2-way audio. I tried to look it up.

It's most probably related to session expiry or refresh. A common value is 1800 (30 minutes) and the refresh happens at half of that 900 (15 minutes).
There is a signaling error or a failure to negotiate the refresh value.
You may try to change the refresh value to refresh faster than the other side and avoid the issue altogether.

Reason is:
The sip provider sends an "INVITE" command every 15 minutes and the technician said the provider doesn't get an "ACK" on that. Well, he switched the "INVITE" after 15 minutes off and now the calls work fine in both directions.

Sip Provider:
There is a timer at 30 min. At 15 min we send another INVITE. If we do not receive a response to that invite the call will terminate at 30 min

Me:
can you remove it or extend it

Sip Provider:
No. those are set SYSTEM timers for all calls

Me:
how can I prevent calls from dropping at 30 minutes

Sip Provider:
Your system needs to respond to the reinvite that is sent at 15 min

Can someone tell me where this is set up at?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Losing audio after 30 minutes
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 08:45:25 AM »
RLyon,

Have you verified that you are getting the re-INVITE and that the system is ignoring it?

Are you sure it isn't an UPDATE and not a re-INVITE? The UPDATE method support is turned on under Online Monitor for that SIP Peer Profile.

By default the SIP Protocol is to reply to all INVITEs and re-INVITEs as well as other methods such as UPDATEs and REGISTRATIONs. I have never had an issue with the MiVO-250 not replying to any Methods that were sent to it.

Do you have an SBC in between you and the provider; MBG perhaps?

Thanks,

TE

Offline Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 01:02:23 PM »
RLyon,

I think your issue may be firewall related. I've had similar issues in the past. Does that site use a sonic wall? If so look into configuring the sonic wall for VOIP/SIP. I forget where but there is a UDP packet drop which is default for around 30 mins. Check Firewall Flood protection and disable SIP Transformations and see if that fixes it for you.

-Travis

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 10:11:24 AM »
RLyon,

I think your issue may be firewall related. I've had similar issues in the past. Does that site use a sonic wall? If so look into configuring the sonic wall for VOIP/SIP. I forget where but there is a UDP packet drop which is default for around 30 mins. Check Firewall Flood protection and disable SIP Transformations and see if that fixes it for you.

-Travis
This is literally what I was going to ask, if there was a Sonicwall router... Anytime we hear of SIP sessions, whether phones, trunks, or whatever, that disconnect at exactly 15, 20, or 30 minutes with consistency, it is almost always because these devices are behind a Sonicwall router.

Personally, I hate Sonicwall routers... they are WAY to complicated and 98% of places that have them do not need the intricate, advanced things they do. My recommendation to people who have them, unless they are fairly new, is to replace them as in my area half the people who "work" on Sonicwalls have no idea how to do anything advanced in them. I am not trying to through Sonicwall under the bus here, well, maybe a little, but they usually more trouble then they are worth in my opinion...

Offline Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 12:19:53 PM »
Acejavelin,

I agree, Sonicwall routers are way to complicated for simple things. The wizards help sometimes. They are overly complicated just to make it harder to program requiring either a lot of learning or hiring someone else to do it for you. The failover and vpn features are nice but nothing that cant be replicated with simpler devices IMO.

RLyon,

Let me know if you need any help and ill shoot you over some stuff to check.

-Travis

Offline RLyon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 02:15:06 PM »
Thank you for all the feedback. TE, there is no MBG, no SBC. UPDATE Method Supported is set to "NO".  Not sure about the Re-Invite. Travis and AceJavelin, It is not a SonicWall but a Ubiquiti Router.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 06:38:22 PM »
RLyon,

Get a packet capture of it happening and post it so it can be looked at.

Also, odd issues like this seem to always involve a Router of sort or another; regardless of manufacturer.

Since the call stays up for 30 minutes then it usually falls into one of two categories.

1. Timer
2. Layer 3 interference

Thanks,

TE

Offline RLyon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 05:17:34 PM »
I switched the SIP Peer from "No NAT or SIP-Aware NAT" to "Non-SIP-Aware NAT" and have audio at 37.00.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10