Author Topic: Divert all calls to general number voicemail for Christmas break..  (Read 2340 times)

Offline supam

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hi

I've been asked to configure our 3300CX so that:

*  all calls into the general/main number receive a 'holiday hours' message (done); and
*  all unanswered calls into DIDs get diverted to the general number voicemail mailbox

I've configured the call-rerouting sections so that all incoming calls into the DIDs are diverted to the general/main number but while the divert seems to be working fine, the general number's voicemail never 'answers' these calls.  Any suggestions as to what I've done wrong???

My config change was pretty simple - I:

*  configured the general number to have a first alternate number of the voicemail ext.
*  configured all other extensions to have a first alternate number of the general number extension.

I would have though this would have worked but apparently not :-(.

Thanks in advance for any help you're able to provide.
Cheers

Offline dutch_tuga

• View Profile
Re: Divert all calls to general number voicemail for Christmas break..
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 03:30:38 AM »
I don't know if this goes on time, but it might help in the future.

If I understand you correctly you have problems routing all your number to one single voicemail through the 1st alt. form. What happens is that when someone dials a number and it routes to the 1st alt. it always follows the route of that number and not of the number that you put in the 1st alt.

What I usually do, I create an ACD path. With ACD you can "recreate" the 1st alt. form.

Create an Agent Skill group that allows queueing with no agents logged in. Then create a path assignment with interflow enabled (interflow time 01 sec.) to the number that the caller will hear the voicemail message. As last put in the 1st alt. form the number of the ACD path to all the numbers that you want to forward to the same voicemail.

I hope this can help you out.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10