Author Topic: MGCP 911 Gateway for MVO250  (Read 937 times)

Offline Bundy53

• View Profile
MGCP 911 Gateway for MVO250
« on: January 28, 2020, 09:26:04 AM »
Anyone had luck with using an MGCP gateway for 911 on an MVO250.  The scenario being - remote office with IP phones connected to an MVO250 host at another location via public IP.  Need to plug a LOCAL line in the remote location for the remote phones to use for dialing 911.  The gateway would allow the line to connect back to the MVO as a SIP trunk and the remote phones would use that SIP trunk for dialing 911.

We have tried the Audiocodes MP114 to no avail....

Thanks

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MGCP 911 Gateway for MVO250
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 07:55:03 AM »
Bundy53,

I have never had an issue with the MP-1XX series devices for FXS or FXO on a MiVO-250; yet. Of course I have never tried to setup trunking across the Public Internet either.

Regardless as long as you can get your trunks in the system and get two-way audio it doesn't matter what you use.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: MGCP 911 Gateway for MVO250
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 10:18:43 AM »
I get what you're trying to do here, but what trunking is at the main location of the MiVO250? If it is anything but analog trunks, you should be able to take a DID and give it the E911 address of the remote location with your carrier and then assign it to the Emergency CESID of those extensions... they dial 911 and that number shows up at the PSAP who does an ALI dip and gets the remote locations address. Remember you also need to make this number dialable and it needs to alert phones at both locations (so you need an administrator flag set on at least one phone in the remote office).

Alternatives are to get a SIP number that is local to the remote location and use that for 911 for these phones.

We are not only a phone vendor who deals in Mitel, ESI, Avaya, and others with multiple carriers, but are also a hosted SIP service provider with our own platform... We do this all the time.

Using a media gateway for emergency calls should be your last choice.

My 2 cents worth...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10