Author Topic: Hot Desking Between 2 locations  (Read 862 times)

Offline bmcgonigle

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hot Desking Between 2 locations
« on: January 24, 2020, 03:39:57 PM »
Hi,

I'm working with 5000CP units in each location and learning as I go. We recently had an issue where incoming callers to the main line weren't being directed to the voicemail of the extension they were dialing, but were being put into the general mailbox. I was able to resolve this issue but when I did it affected the hot desk function for a user.

Prior to the issue, the user would be able to hot desk in either location by punching in the a code. Now when the user attempts to hot desk into the phone, they get an "unrecognized" login.

The user only uses 1 single phone in each location. Each phone has the HD IN/OUT button configured, but the user doesnt use it, they simply punched in their code and it initiated the HD session.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks!

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Desking Between 2 locations
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 09:24:46 PM »
Hot Desking is not supported between nodes. If the phones are all registered to the local controller, there’s no way it’s going to work.

Offline bmcgonigle

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 10:36:55 AM »
I have to apologize since I'm not too familiar with telecom systems but I would guess nodes are the controller units in the different locations? And if that's true, registering the phone to the local controller doesn't allow for HD because of the need for the profile to float between controllers rather than be specific to one? How would I confirm that the phone is registered to either controller?

Offline Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 02:56:12 PM »
There are 3rd party platforms that enable multi-node hotdesking (Xarios has one) Are you guys using a server such as that?

-Travis

Offline bmcgonigle

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 03:14:26 PM »
Nope, no 3rd party platforms involved; just the two controllers and a site-site vpn.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 05:50:18 AM »
We have simulated Hot Desk logins on multiple nodes by using ACD Hunt Groups and Agent Logins.

So to all users a persons extn number is 2222 when actually this is an ACD Hunt Group and the user is simply logging into their group from wherever they are working to receive calls.

Of course the keymaps don't change and you have to get creative with getting their VM to them but it works!

You need to find out what Feature Code the user was using and we will be able to tell what may have happened.

Offline bmcgonigle

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 10:06:41 AM »
Thanks for the help folks. I apologize but it turns out the user was trying to access the HD feature using the wrong code. He was punching in what he thought was the right code, getting a "No Call to Retrieve" error and then reporting the issue. Once we determined what the right code was, life was good again. Sigh... UE's are the bane of my existence

Thanks again!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10