Author Topic: Kari's Law notification compliance on multi-site systems  (Read 904 times)

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Kari's Law notification compliance on multi-site systems
« on: January 18, 2020, 03:09:21 AM »
Anyone got any tips on complying with the local notification requirement of Kari's Law (new US Federal 911 legislation effective 2-16-20) on a multi-site system? Say I have a centralized vMiVB serving 20 sites with SIP trunks. How can I send local notifications of 911 calls to just the site where the call was made from, and not every notification set across the system? Unless something has changed recently, I don't think you can limit emergency call notification down to the same zone as the calling set or anything, it sends the same notification no matter what.

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Kari's Law notification compliance on multi-site systems
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 07:14:39 PM »
+1 on this. I know I can create an emergency hunt group but what if I have 10 distinct physical offices that I'd like to notify independent of each other.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 12:50:51 PM »
The only way to notify separate locations would be with Mass Notification from what I know. I would start by setting up zones and location based numbers

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 01:57:47 PM »
The only way to notify separate locations would be with Mass Notification from what I know. I would start by setting up zones and location based numbers

Doing that anyway, but hoping for a way to do this without buying another application. If it's a federal law requirement, it should be included with the base system, IMHO.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 06:47:33 PM »

Doing that anyway, but hoping for a way to do this without buying another application. If it's a federal law requirement, it should be included with the base system, IMHO.
Remember, the law has a provision that says something to the effect of "if the system is able to be configured to provide the notification without an improvement to the hardware or software of the system"

So there is a clear "out" here...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10