Author Topic: SIP message debug question  (Read 1534 times)

Offline fcoffey

• Contributer
    • View Profile
SIP message debug question
« on: January 17, 2020, 01:35:04 PM »
Hi all,

Figured I'd start a new topic for this one.

For a given SIP Trunk Group, if I turn on OLM and for the trunk group itself turn on SIP Messages to Full, and also under General Configuration turn on SIP Messages to Full, level Debug - would you assume that in the SIP debug log text file available via the web interface would show (if configured) the system sending SIP REGISTER messages?

I have a situation where I'm trying to configure a SIP trunk, but all I see is INVITE's in the logs when I try test calls (that time out with "Destination not responding"), but no REGISTER despite the fact that it looks configured with username, password, etc to me.

Other SIP trunks I have used on my other office Mitel 250 systems have not needed a registration, so they "just worked" without much fuss.

If it helps. I can post slightly photoshopped screen shots if needed. :)

EDIT: Running 6.2.5.80 on all my nodes.

Thanks,

Fred
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 01:59:29 PM by fcoffey »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SIP message debug question
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 07:02:34 AM »
fcoffey,

I had run into this last year and the only resolution was to call Mitel and have them get into the Tethereal and look there.

Sorry,

TE

Offline Travis

• View Profile
Re: SIP message debug question
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 10:51:21 AM »
fcoffey,

Its much easier to read the sip messages through the message print under the "System output" Tab in Sys admin. The log files contain a lot of extra data which makes it harder to find the messages you are looking for. Additionally if you press the settings icon at the top right of the Message Print window and select "Rules.." press "Add...". In the "When the message contains:" Field enter in "REGISTER sip:x.x.x.x" replacing the x.x.x.x with the IP Address of the server you are trying to register with. Below that select a color. This will highlight all register lines with the color selected. Press Save rule. Press the play at the top left below Live.

You may also need to go to db programming and go to system-maintenance-message pring (Enable OLM) and set "Print expanded message print" to yes.

Sip on the mivoice office 250 is confusing. If you go to configuration, on the right hand side there is a field for IP Address. If you have changed this IP Address you will need to delete and re-add the sip trunk group. This field is for Peer to Peer connections and not registrations. Changing this field will cause the system to ignore the programming in registrar.

-In registrar set enable registration to yes and enter the IP/port or FQDN.
-Under Authentication make sure inbound authentication is no and the outbound username and password are entered correctly. (I recommend typing the password somewhere else and copy/pasting it in).
-Go to keep alive and change the "Ping failure Threshold" to 0.
-Also under configuration set "Call Failure Threshold" to 0 and "Use Peer Address In From Header" To yes and "Disable Domain Validation" To Yes. This will make it so the sip trunks don't keep throwing alarms and setting itself to out of service.
-Under NAT Settings, the NAT Address type is going to depend on if the SIP Host you are connecting to is local or remote. If remote set to "non sip aware NAT".
-If your sip provider had provided a proxy for you that will be programmed in Route Sets.
-And Finally under the Alternate IP/FQDN List add an entry for FQDN "default" this will allow connections to all address's. This is useful if your sip provider has an FQDN But dynamic IP Addresses. Alternatively you can just enter in their backup IP Addresses or FQDN's.

These are the settings I have found to be most successful but there will likely be some playing around needed. If you require additional help feel free to reach out with some of your register/forbidden messages and I will help you out.

Thanks,
Travis

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10