Author Topic: Call Display to Apple Iphone  (Read 826 times)

Offline brogerson

• View Profile
Call Display to Apple Iphone
« on: January 17, 2020, 11:06:52 AM »
I have configured a SIP Trunk for a Client and when a outbound call is placed to a Apple phone we see the Name and the Geographical Location instead of the number.

If I send a 416 number out we see Toronto Ontario, If I send out the 905 number from their other location we see Markham Ontario.   There is still a PRI connected and if I send the call out the PRI to the Apple phone the Call Display shows correctly with name and number.

Why is it different when calling out on the SIP Trunk then the PRI.

Calls to Android and land lines work correctly with proper name and number.

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Call Display to Apple Iphone
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 07:16:38 PM »
I think in post cases it's the carriers showing CLID and geographic location. If I had to venture to guess the path through interconnects is different with the SIP trunk versus the PRI and thus less/more information makes it to the cell phone. Perhaps someone else can educate myself on this further.

Offline brogerson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 09:19:00 AM »
It seems to be more related to the phone,  I have called Iphones on the Rogers Network and on the Bell Network and the CLID is the same.

Offline mark.vanderheijden

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 03:37:43 AM »
Check if the provider uses extra options in the settings off your mobile network. Here in the Netherlands T-Mobile had an option for dialing help and sometimes this messed up the numbers.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10