Author Topic: System voice mail dropping calls  (Read 881 times)

Offline andyring

• View Profile
System voice mail dropping calls
« on: January 14, 2020, 09:59:49 AM »
Hello,

I've recently discovered that our Mitel 250 system will drop calls going to voicemail. Here's the scenario:

1. Someone calls us.

2. No one answers (no one in the office, etc.,)

3. After 4-5 rings, the system voice mail picks up the call.

4. Caller hears "Welcome to the Mitel voice messaging system" or similar wording.

5. The call is dropped.

Happens with 100 percent consistency.

I'd like calls to go to the system voicemail box, which on our setup is mailbox 5000. Can someone shed some light on how to fix this?

Thank you and very much appreciated!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: System voice mail dropping calls
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 11:01:09 AM »
andyring,

You would need to get into system programming through the System Administration and Diagnostics panel.

Once inside there you would need to figure out what type of trunking you have and then follow that routing for the number that want calls to be routed on; typically in Call Routing Tables.

When you find where the calls are ringing then you would need to figure out how they get to VM. If it is an extension it is via System Forwarding and if it is a Hunt Group it would be the Recall.

If the device extension number is different that 5000 then you would need to create a Call Routing Announcement. Inside the CRA you will remove all the recordings for Day and Night and set the Time Out within Digit Translations to MB 5000.

Inside the Hunt Group, if that is where it was ringing to, you would set the Recall to the new CRA extension number. If it was a phone then you would need to create System Forwarding Path that goes to the new CRA and then set that on the phone for the Call Types that you want.

Thanks,

TE

Offline andyring

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 11:27:42 AM »
Thanks for the info, TE.

Calls ring to a hunt group. Right now, the recall is set to "2503 Day Auto Attendant."

I assume that's what I change? If so, should it be changed to:

2501 Voice Mail

or

5000 (which is the mailbox where I want callers to end up)

Offline andyring

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 10:33:29 AM »
TE,

Just letting you know that after a little tinkering around, I was able to get this programmed perfectly.

Thank you!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10