Author Topic: Incorrect date and time on phones  (Read 2766 times)

Offline Josh7

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Incorrect date and time on phones
« on: January 11, 2020, 05:37:21 AM »
Hi,

We have a site that uses 6930 &  6940 phones and they connect to the Mitel 250 DB via the MCS server.

After setting the phones up, we noticed that the time & date on some of the 6930 & 6940 phones were incorrect. The rest were showing the correct time& date though. I have checked and confirmed that both the time and date on the Mitel 250 and MCS server are correct and I am not really sure what is causing those phones to show an incorrect time/date. The firmware on all phones are up to date as well.

Appreciate any assistance on the above matter.

Thanks,
Josh

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Incorrect date and time on phones
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 10:52:17 AM »
Josh7,

You may want to verify if there is an SNTP service running that the phones could be talking to. Other than that I can't think of anything that would be making that change unless you had a PS-1 as well; if so check the time on that.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
Re: Incorrect date and time on phones
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 10:38:42 AM »
There are local settings in the phone for time/date, you may want to take a look at those.   We had some phones that pulled the time via SNTP and others that just wouldn't.   I think the issue was they were set to us a time server, but different time servers.   

Once we changed all of the phones to use the same time server (Googles) our issue went away.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10