Author Topic: 3300 - Micollab - NuPoint - listening to VM through Audio Link cuts off.  (Read 1209 times)

Offline mitelrvtd

• View Profile
Hi,

We have a 3300 with Micollab using NuPoint Unified Messaging for voicemail.

When a voicemail is left for users we have the notifications set to send the Audio Link through email.

This works fine except we noticed if the message is over 1 minute long it cuts off after about 1 minute when listening to it through the Audio Link.
However, the message is fully intact in the mailbox and also if we change the notification to attach the voicemail to email as an attachment it also plays the full message.

Thought it might be a NuPoint Feature or Limit COS but I have not found it.

Thank you!

Offline mitelrvtd

• View Profile
Re: 3300 - Micollab - NuPoint - listening to VM through Audio Link cuts off.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 06:05:17 PM »
Looking at this further it appears to be an iPhone iOS issue.

When NuPoint UM is set to send an Audio Link for voicemail notifications and the encoding set as MP3, iOS browsers play it as a "Live Broadcast" and does not show message length. Messages longer than about a minute get cut off.

If I browse to an MP3 file on an iPhone from another source (like https://file-examples.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/file_example_MP3_700KB.mp3) it plays in the normal audio player.

The Nupoint URL is formatted like: "https://SERVERNAME/npm-pwg/message.mp3?token=c+S7ZJso/M5Vj+0Svme2FIHO1sD0IoUIrzs/nv/CBDjMkdieaxlKQCPiexW01mXVw==&encoding=mp3" and iOS interprets it as a "Live Broadcast".

If I change the Audio Link encoding to GSM or ADPCM which will play a .WAV file when following the link on a computer, iOS also is not able to handle these links and the message can't play at all.

It seems like I can't really use the Audio Link option for iOS unless there is some further configuration that can be done in NuPoint to change the URL in some way.

I'd like to keep using Audio Link instead of Attachment because of the Message Waiting Indicator functionality when using the link.
Thanks

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10