Author Topic: Call Park Retrieve FAC w/o # at End  (Read 932 times)

Offline socalmdb

• View Profile
Call Park Retrieve FAC w/o # at End
« on: January 09, 2020, 08:31:30 PM »
Hi... long time reader, first time caller...

We've got an issue that I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction on.

We're moving our two receptionists off of their attendant consoles and putting them onto 6930s. As part of this, we need to implement Call Park and Retrieve on their sets so that they can page into the warehouse and allow others to get calls. The settings are working great, but there's a little hiccup that I can't figure out how to work around.

When dialing the FAC to retrieve calls, the system is forcing you to enter a # at the end of the Ext. Is there a way to avoid having to dial <FAC + Ext + #>? As I've scoured the web, I haven't seen anyone mention the # at the end of the string. Is this a setting or is it something that people just don't mention? We have tried setting up a System Speed call, but that doesn't work. We don't want to use Call Retrieve buttons, so that solution won't work. All of the phones that we are trying to retrieve the call from are either 6920s or 6930s.

Our system is a 3300 running 8.0 SP3 PR3.

Thanks for you help in advance.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Call Park Retrieve FAC w/o # at End
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 05:03:44 PM »
Hi... long time reader, first time caller...

We've got an issue that I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction on.

We're moving our two receptionists off of their attendant consoles and putting them onto 6930s. As part of this, we need to implement Call Park and Retrieve on their sets so that they can page into the warehouse and allow others to get calls. The settings are working great, but there's a little hiccup that I can't figure out how to work around.

When dialing the FAC to retrieve calls, the system is forcing you to enter a # at the end of the Ext. Is there a way to avoid having to dial <FAC + Ext + #>? As I've scoured the web, I haven't seen anyone mention the # at the end of the string. Is this a setting or is it something that people just don't mention? We have tried setting up a System Speed call, but that doesn't work. We don't want to use Call Retrieve buttons, so that solution won't work. All of the phones that we are trying to retrieve the call from are either 6920s or 6930s.

Our system is a 3300 running 8.0 SP3 PR3.

Thanks for you help in advance.

What is your fac code? It works for me without using #

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 03:49:39 PM »
What's the rest of the dialplan look like? The only reason I can think of why the # would be required is if there's a conflict with something else in the dialplan.

Offline mark.vanderheijden

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 05:17:35 AM »
Hi,

Have you tried to change the "system option" => Disable End of Dial Character (#)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10