Author Topic: Hiow to get the layer 3 connection up after configuration the IP in boot mode  (Read 1303 times)

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
I tried to downgrade the MiVoice Business from 8.X to 7.X using software installer tool for a specific requirement. The downgrade have failed and i lost the layer 3 connection.
So i Consoled and entered the boot mode. I see the PBX is filing load boot file but it does have the IP address configuration.

My plan is to have the layer 3 connection and then use the TFTP to load the boot file. I am attaching the screenshot from console.

Can any one help my with this on why i am not getting layer 3 access?

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
Attached is the screenshot

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
You will need to a manual software installation per the technicians handbook. The IP configuration is correct in the screen print you are showing and is not the issue. You will need an FTP server on a computer on the voice VLAN with the software you need. This will wipe the database and you will need to do a full manual restore and re-license.

Why were you attempting to downgrade?

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
acejavelin, Thank You for the Response. I am following the technical documentation for manual install and like you said i have software on a PC which is in the same vlan.

Issue here is, I am not able to access the IP assigned to PBX. If i can, then i will be able to get the FTP connection.  Not sure what i am missing here to get the layer-3 connectivity to PBX up in running.

This is a lab system. We work on interop tests with Mitel PBXs against different service providers. As part of that, we got a requirement from a customer for a 7.2 version test.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 03:41:37 PM by pradeepgali »

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Just a thought, is the dataswitch port set to access mode or untagged?

Ralph

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
Below is the the switch port configuration. This is a layer 3 switch. The PBX was always connected to same port(While it was working)

interface GigabitEthernet3/0/14
 description Mitel 3300
 switchport access vlan 4093
 speed 100
 duplex full

I did connected the LAN port on the 3300 directly to laptop LAN port which i have provisioned the static IP in the same vlan. I still don't see any traffic on the PC port(Wireshark)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 03:45:53 PM by pradeepgali »

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Try setting the speed and duplex to auto.

Ralph

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
didn't see any change with change in speed and duplex to auto.

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
One quick question.

In the technical hand book, it say's "Connect a straight-through Ethernet cable (RJ-45) from the controller leftmost Ethernet port (port 17 on the CXi and CXi II; port 1 on the CX, CX II, MXe, and MXe Server) and the PC’s network interface card(NIC).

I am connecting to the LAN port of my CXi to the Ethernet port of PC. The PC is in the same network that "inet on ethernet" IP on the CXi.

Question: is port 17 is same as LAN?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
One quick question.

In the technical hand book, it say's "Connect a straight-through Ethernet cable (RJ-45) from the controller leftmost Ethernet port (port 17 on the CXi and CXi II; port 1 on the CX, CX II, MXe, and MXe Server) and the PC’s network interface card(NIC).

I am connecting to the LAN port of my CXi to the Ethernet port of PC. The PC is in the same network that "inet on ethernet" IP on the CXi.

Question: is port 17 is same as LAN?
Yes, port 17 is the LAN port... Are you getting layer 1/2 connectivity, meaning lights on the network port?

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
The lights on the network port looks fine(Green)

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
My guess is the network parameters have not been applied yet.

You could try a manual install by press {space} 3 times when prompted. Follow Tech Handbook for manual software install instructions.

Another thing you could try is changing Partition4 to Partition1 to load up the inactive partition.

Offline ghost

• View Profile
You can also try running the command vlan_off and then trying again

Offline pradeepgali

• View Profile
The issue was solved. From the beginning I was expecting to see some traffic as soon as  I provide IP address and boot the device. That was not happening. It looks like the device only sends traffic when only the network is activated for FTP.

The issue was with these two boot parameters “Boot device and File name”. To get the file form external and enable network parameters gave  “motfcc”. Also the File name has to be “Boot_Install not RTC8260. When I set the motfcc, then I saw file request from PBX IP. 

Really thank you everyone for trying to help me.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The issue was solved. From the beginning I was expecting to see some traffic as soon as  I provide IP address and boot the device. That was not happening. It looks like the device only sends traffic when only the network is activated for FTP.

The issue was with these two boot parameters “Boot device and File name”. To get the file form external and enable network parameters gave  “motfcc”. Also the File name has to be “Boot_Install not RTC8260. When I set the motfcc, then I saw file request from PBX IP. 

Really thank you everyone for trying to help me.
Glad you figured it out... but all this was in the manual software installation section of the technician's handbook.  ;)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10