Author Topic: Adding Page Group - The group directory number is used elsewhere  (Read 907 times)

Offline mitelrvtd

• View Profile
We currently only have one Page Group "1"

I tried to add a second "2" and get the message "The group directory number is used elsewhere"

When I perform a LOCATE NUMBER 2 - it returns "The number refers to ARS Leading Digits."

In ARS Leading digits there are entries 1 through 9 and look like default entries, also "1" is used there and we also have Page Group "1".

I'm not sure how this is conflicting with creating another Page Group if anyone has any idea.
I get the same error when creating the group in the Administration or the Group Administration tool.

Thank you!!

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Adding Page Group - The group directory number is used elsewhere
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 03:37:04 PM »
If you make your page group simply the number "2" then any extension that starts with 2 will result in a hit in ARS and you will page all day every day. 1 is probably being allowed - and this is only a guess here - because you don't have any extensions that start with "1" so there is no conflict.

I would make your group numbers more unique. You can utilize "1" since that seems to be working for you. Do like 1#01 and then 1#02 and so forth.

Offline mitelrvtd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 06:07:13 PM »
Thank you for replying.

That makes sense but all of our extensions actually start in "1".

The only thing I notice is "1" by itself is not specified in ARS Digits Dialed but 2 thru 9 are. I can't make any page groups using 2 thru 9.

We'll likely use your suggestion of including a # in the Page Group since we have ARS Digits Dialed entries for about every number.

Thank you

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 04:43:35 PM »
That's interesting. Does it take a while after hitting "1" for the page to occur?

Offline mitelrvtd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 06:15:46 PM »
Just asking our receptionist that uses it she did say there is a delay and then the phone sounds like it is on speaker.
It doesn't page all the phones with 1 at the beginning of the extension, just the group members.
Also the new page group I set up for them as Page 2# does not do the delay or sound like it is on speaker.

Thank you

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10