Author Topic: Call rerouting 1st Alternative not working  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Enobaham

• View Profile
Call rerouting 1st Alternative not working
« on: January 02, 2020, 03:06:34 PM »
I have a 3300 cxii. I have a personal ring group set up with 3 single line phones. Cx wants it set up so that if there is no answer on the phones then it will ring her cell phone.
I have created a speed call (202) which when dialed will dial her cell number. I have created a call rerouting 1st alternative (#7) as normal, normal, normal, normal, this, this, this, this, 202.
I have changed the call 1st alternative on each of the 3 phones in the ring group to 7.
In the class of service(1) for those phones the call forward no answer timer is set to 12...which should be 3 rings right? (I will change it to 16 for 4 rings)
I just tested it and it rang 7 times and never rerouted to her cell.

What is the correct way to set this up so that it rings 4 times and then if no answer, calls her cell?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Call rerouting 1st Alternative not working
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 10:50:47 PM »
So are you using "Ring Group" or "Personal Ring Group"?

The Call Reroute should only need to be applied to the dialed number, i.e. the prime DN of the group. Also set everything to 'this' for 1st alt.

Sounds like it could be easier to setup a ring group with the members you want and then overflow to the speed dial.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Call rerouting 1st Alternative not working
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 02:52:39 PM »
You only need to apply the call rerouting to the number dialed, not the members of the ring group.
There are some things that will stop the call forwarding.
1) COR.  Be sure the system speed dial 202 had "override toll security" ticked. Then COR won't be the issue.
2) COS - be sure that both the trunks and the called device allows for external call forwarding.

For testing, change the actual number in the speed dial to be an internal number. Then see if it forwards to the internal number.  That will prove that your call rerouting is actually working.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10