Author Topic: Ring Groups not working with MiVO 250 and 6900 Phones with Phone Manager  (Read 1416 times)

Offline jsorensen

• View Profile
I have a customer in Orlando and another in Venice. The Orlando customer is running PhoneManager 5.2.11 with 6.3.7.79 on the MiVO 250. The Venice customer is running PhoneManager 5.2.11 with 6.3.7.79 on the MiVO 250.

In Venice, they have analog lines. In Orlando, they have SIP trunks.

Their call flows are almost exactly the same. Both send calls to a ring group, which contains a Hunt Group Members Extension List and that ring group overflows to another ring group before overflowing to an application (CRA Auto-Attendant).

The Venice customer's ring groups work flawlessly. The Orlando customer's ring groups do not work 99% of the time.

Just before posting this, I attempted to send a call into the call flow and never saw the 3rd member of the second ring group in call activity. I am using an extension list, so all should ring at the same time.

There is 1 member in the first (as a list) and there are 3 members in the second(also as a list).

What's going on here? Has anyone seen this wtih 6900 phones on SIP trunks with MiVO 250? If so, what was the fix?

EDIT: I just tried adding members individually to ring groups and removing the extension list. That didn't help. In fact, set up this way, the call would hang on the ring group in call activity. I could hear ringback, but the call never made it to the first member...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 08:52:29 AM by jsorensen »

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ring Groups not working with MiVO 250 and 6900 Phones with Phone Manager
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 09:13:33 AM »
MiVo 250 doesn't have ring groups, and hunt groups don't overflow to each other.

Offline jsorensen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 02:27:40 PM »
Apologies. You are correct, however, if you add an extension list for your hunt group membership, it functions like a ring group.

Also, while overflowing from one hunt group to another might not be "supported," I have many customers with hunt groups that overflow to one another without issue using 53XX or digital phones.

Please advise. Thank you.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2019, 02:49:35 PM »
Overflow between hunt groups does not work on a MiVoice 250. Overflowed calls will be returned to the original hunt group when a member becomes available, dropping the overflowed call.

Go into hunt group programming and press F1 for details on how this works.

Offline jsorensen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2019, 04:08:03 PM »
Ok. Thank you!

Offline Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2019, 09:47:29 AM »
Jsorensen,

Check the programming of those extensions in phone manager. Specifically their "status" Do these phones have the desktop client or mobile app? Also check their users in MiVoice office 250 programming. See if DEE is enabled and where it routes to. Also, are these new installs? If you had the older versions of phone manger where they used to be programmed as sip phones instead of 69xx devices you may need to recreate the extensions.

I have deemed the 6900 phones to be unusable a primary device for anyone and we do not, nor will we any time soon sell these to customers. They are riddled with bugs and are not very optimized in any way. Also the requiring of multiple licenses and servers for a single phone is just a money grab in my opinion. For a single 69xx phone to be remote you need a MBG, PBX, MCS server, a F license on the PBX, a 6900 license on the MCS, and the required licenses for the MBG. For a single 53xx phone to be remote you simply need a PBX and a single license. Seems like a lot extra for less features and more bugs. :) /endrant

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2019, 12:48:04 PM »
jsorensen,

Hmm, well have you tried to call the Hunt Group from another extension to see if it rings all the phones without going through a Trunk Group? If all the phones ring at that point then it ia a SIP trunk integration issue and if they don't then it is a station misconfiguration for the Hunt Group; most likely they have removed themselves from the Hunt Group with the Remove/Replace feature code.

As for the nomenclature used in the MiVO-250 for what is used in the MiVB there are some differences.

A Ring Group in the MiVB is called a Hunt Group in the MiVO-250 and a Hunt Group in the MiVB is called a Hunt Group in the MiVO-250. The MiVO-250 doesn't differentiate between the different types of groups like the MiVB does.

The Overflow functionality within the MiVO-250 is not a true Overflow so for that functionality you would use a Recall. With the MiVO-250 Overflow the call remains in the Hunt Group queue to be answered and therefore is mostly used as a repeatable RAD that repeats on its timer; the Play Once RAD is the handled by the Announcement.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10