Author Topic: Mitel 5000 voice mail greeting for all phones  (Read 1784 times)

Offline krasi69

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 voice mail greeting for all phones
« on: December 18, 2019, 02:35:15 PM »
Hello,
When I call a phone in our office and there is no answer first I hear the name of the person and then
voice mail greeting. This voice mail greeting is attached to all the phones. I would like to delete this
greeting but I cannot find it in our system. Our voice mail number is 1900. When I login to DB Programming
I go to \Voice Processor\Devices\Applications\1900\Day(Night) Greeting\. There is another greeting
assigned with length 4 sec but the greeting for deletion has length 16 sec. Then I go to the location:
\Voice Processor\Application-Related Info\Audiotex Recordings\. The greeting for deletion is not in
this list. I also login from my phone to the admin mailbox and again I cannot find this greeting.
Can you please help ?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 voice mail greeting for all phones
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 02:54:33 PM »
You're hearing the name and personal greeting after the call is forwarded to voice mail in a Ring No Answer condition?

Offline krasi69

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 05:09:28 PM »
Yes I am hearing the name and the greeting after the call is forwarded to voice mail in a Ring No Answer condition.
I am not sure if this greeting is personal greeting or system greeting. Also I wonder how the same greeting is assigned
to all the phones in our office. I think that it was done from the Admin mailbox.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 07:01:50 AM »
Start with the basics: log into the admin mailbox and listen to the name and greeting recorded in a few mailboxes. It's possible that the instructions weren't clear, and they were recorded wrong. I've seen names recorded in place of the greeting, the greeting recorded in place of the name, and various combinations of both.

Also, system greetings are obvious, just by listening to the voice.

Offline magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 12:56:28 PM »
The default voicemail greetings and instructions are in the audiotex records 1-5 I think.
Make a CRA with those and see if you can find it.
If someone has recorded over them with their own greeting then delete them and they will be recreated automatically.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 10:36:09 AM »
Do you mean the "Your call is being processed by Mitel Voicemail" prompt or something like that? That is an option in the voicemail, turn off Voice Processor -> Identity Prompt in the main Voice Processor settings.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 11:10:22 AM »
I seem to recall the OP saying someone recorded over a system greeting and he has since restored it, but I can't find the post.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10