Author Topic: Intermittent but 100% repeatable one-way audio problem  (Read 756 times)

Offline andyring

• View Profile
Intermittent but 100% repeatable one-way audio problem
« on: December 16, 2019, 12:34:15 PM »
We have a MiVoice 250 with four SIPs that generally works great. However, I've identified an issue where SOME incoming calls experience one-way audio (I can hear the incoming caller but they can't hear me). Most calls do not, and they work fine. Weirdly enough, it is 100 percent repeatable with specific incoming callers. For instance, when a lady at our accounting firm calls us, we can hear her but she cannot hear us. 100 percent of the time. But if I call her from our phone system, the call works fine.

Other incoming calls experience it as well but the calls are random enough I haven't nailed down a specific caller.

We do not have an MBG. Our SIPs are (I hope I'm getting the terminology correct) handed off to us via an Edgewater 4700 device located on-premises, and plugged directly into our fiber provider's router. The Edgewater is also provided by our fiber provider.

Any ideas where to look on this one? Much appreciated!!!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Intermittent but 100% repeatable one-way audio problem
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 09:52:10 AM »
I would go to your carrier... Get specific call examples with date, time, caller's number, number called, and the duration of the call (try to keep over 10 seconds)... Let the carrier know you can repeat it consistently, turn then in as soon as possible. If it get's beyond 72 hours or so it makes finding the call or determining the problem much more time consuming.

I work for a rather aggressive phone company, we not only have premise based systems, but are a SIP hosting provider as well and now spend 95% of time on the hosted side of the house... If you can give them specific information for specific calls, something can likely be done. At this point you have no idea what the problem is, they can likely narrow that down.

Offline andyring

• View Profile
Re: Intermittent but 100% repeatable one-way audio problem
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 10:19:46 AM »
Thanks. I've since opened a ticket with our provider and we're working on it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10