Author Topic: SIP Trunk Dial Plan  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Travis

• View Profile
SIP Trunk Dial Plan
« on: December 12, 2019, 09:41:25 AM »
Hey Guys,

I recently setup a SIP trunk to an different PBX and got it up and running flawlessly. The only issue is that mitel doesn't appear to allow Dial plan modifications. I have setup ARS to route 3 digit calls to the SIP trunk but unfortunately the calls wont dial immediately. I have lowered the timer so it will dial after 5 seconds automatically (minimum value). I know I can make phantoms for every offsite extension and route them that way but that is a nightmare. Do you guys have any other ways of routing offsite extensions so they dial without having to press # after the extension?

Thanks,
Travis

Offline pmhaynes

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SIP Trunk Dial Plan
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 08:13:30 AM »
I maybe be missing something so sorry for wasting your time in advance but cant you just put number of digits to follow to zero?
P

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 09:00:31 AM »
I maybe be missing something so sorry for wasting your time in advance but cant you just put number of digits to follow to zero?
P

I nearly replied the same, then I realised this the the 250 sub forum. Yes on MiVB this is done easily.

I would be interested to know the answer to this as well if there is one.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 10:24:26 AM »
Hey Guys,

The 250 system allows you to modify route groups, I have tried many different combinations without success. We are able to append numbers and # to the end but that doesn't terminate the call it only adds the character after the call is placed.  What we would need to be able to change, which mitel doesn't allow (to my knowledge) would be the Dial Rules. There are 6 presets which you cannot change and another 25 "Add" rules where we can specify digits. I am only able to change where you see # and 1631. Attached are some screen shots of what I have setup. This is just an example of what can be programmed and modified and isn't in use on this site.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 02:04:52 PM »
A few suggestions:
1. Move your intercom Route Group to the top of the list, so the dial pattern will be matched sooner.
2. Change the Route Group dial pattern to match the exact number of digits.
3. Delete all Facility Group dial rules except 4 and 7. If any extension numbers begin with 1, you'll need dial rule 2 as well.
4. Reduce the Interdigit Long and Short timers to 4 seconds. That seems to be a good compromise between dialing quickly, but allowing enough time for the user to complete dialing.

I'm migrating from decentralized 250s to a centralized 3300 platform, with fifty 250 sites networked. It took a lot of planning, especially the numbering plan. All of my 3300 extensions are 5-digit, beginning with 4. I changed the ARS feature code on the 250s to 4, then added a Route Group with dial pattern XXXX. This routes the calls to the intercom Facility Group, where I added a dial rule to insert a 4.

A 250 user dials 41234. Since 4 is the ARS feature code, it's treated like an outside call. 1234 matches dial pattern XXXX, so the call is sent to the correct Facility Group. A leading 4 is inserted, so 41234 is dialed on the intercom trunk group. Magically, extension 41234 on the 3300 rings.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 03:08:13 PM »
Hey DND ON,

Thanks for the response. I posted those screen shots just as an example of the programming. I did that on my in house system that's why the programming isn't complete. I have setup the system with the SIP trunks to route the 3 digit extensions over the SIP trunk on an ARS call. That is working flawlessly. Just was hoping someone had some way of having the call start instantly when the trunk is accessed directly instead of ARS.

I have the SIP trunk group set to x79, users on the pbx dial 79 + 3 digit extension and don't use outgoing for the 3 digit extensions. I just set that up hoping it would time out faster. Problem is you have to wait the entire length of the timeout when dialing directly to the trunk group. was really hoping someone had a solution that was simpler than programming a couple hundred phantoms to forward the trunk with # added to the end.

Thanks,
Travis

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2019, 06:51:05 PM »
Travis, did you shorten the Interdigit timers?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2019, 06:05:37 AM »
Travis,

Is the MiVO-250 used for making outbound calls as well through a different set of trunks?

One of the problems you are running into is that you are trying to use 1xx as an extension number. By default, in the US, the digit 1 is for Long Distance unless you removed that from T and Q in the Toll Strings section. If you read the help section for Area Codes under the Numbering Plan you would have realized your issue right away.

"Local 7/10 Digit Dialing: When Yes is selected, outgoing calls are identified as having reached the end of dialing if the first digits are not a toll field, equal access field, operator access field, or a local area code. This function speeds up placement of local seven-digit calls in an area where some local calls require ten digits."

You would have to make sure that you allow for 7-digit dialing, which is the shortest phone number allowed in the US; except for services such as X11. The only one that would go out Immediately even then is 911 since it matches as an Emergency number and goes out Route Group 1 regardless.

You could try making all of those extension emergency numbers, but that would always set off your Emergency Call alarm on the system; that would be funny though.

Sorry,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10