Author Topic: Failed calls with MiVoice Business Console & 3300 mxe  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Nimbah

• View Profile
Failed calls with MiVoice Business Console & 3300 mxe
« on: December 11, 2019, 04:11:25 AM »
Hi all,
Was hoping someone could help us with this.

We were sold an upgrade from our supplier to move away from the IP 5550 console to a software based MiVoice console version 8.0.

Behavior:
Calling outbound external works but does not register as a call in the GUI. The hang up button is illuminated but the details of the call are not visible in the console. If the person receiving the call hangs up, the call is still active in the console until I manually press the hang up button. 

Inbound calls from either internal or external always hangs up after 5 seconds. I can hear audio both ways but it will always drop the call. Again the call does not register in the source field of the console during this time.

They have never been able to get it working and to this day are still blaming our network. Initially they blamed the fact that the software console now resides on a different VLAN to the voice network and that we need to open up more ports (there is already a cross connect as we use the 5330e for passthrough ethernet). We tested with a laptop on the voice vlan with the gateway set to the SIP firewall and the layer 3 switch stack for the phones. We cannot see any dropped packets or anything being denied in the logs.

They have now stated there could be a layer 2 or bad config on our switches and that we should move the PBX completely to the data switch stack (port configured for voice vlan) to rule this out.

As they charge per hour for any beyond the scope of work this is becoming expensive and I feel they have no clue on how to setup and support this solution. Looking online it sounds like incompatability between our 3300 and the console but I can't tell.

Would appreciate any help

Thanks,

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Failed calls with MiVoice Business Console & 3300 mxe
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 08:01:42 AM »
We were sold an upgrade from our supplier to move away from the IP 5550 console to a software based MiVoice console version 8.0.

The IP5550 isn't supported from MiVB 8 onwards so if you had to upgrade your 3300 for any reason, the IP5550 consoles would have needed replacing anyway.

How long, realistically, would it take you to re-locate/re-patch and test this to prove your supplier wrong?

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Failed calls with MiVoice Business Console & 3300 mxe
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 06:38:59 PM »

Is there actually a firewall between the 3300 and the PC?
When these kinds of issues are caused by a firewall, the person who is asked to check the firewall almost always frustrates the situation with "there is nothing being dropped by the firewall". And then weeks or months later, "oh, look, I didn't see those when I looked before".

Just temporarily put the PC on the same VLAN as the controller and disable the Windows FW to prove the point once and for all.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10