Author Topic: Supervisor Call Shadowing / MiTel Silent Monitor  (Read 2800 times)

Offline mhood59

• View Profile
Supervisor Call Shadowing / MiTel Silent Monitor
« on: November 29, 2019, 06:36:31 AM »
Hi All

One of our customers is using MiTel MiCollab on their Windows PC's. They are using the MiCollab client v7.3.0.366.

We are looking at moving to a VDI solution and part of that process is ensuring they can still listen on calls for training purposes. This is useful for both Supervisors and also new starters. Our VDI solution endpoint does not support dual audio output presently so I am reviewing what is the best way to achieve this going forward.

They currently do this by simply plugging in a set of analogue headphones to the 3.5mm audio out jack (the host user is already connected using a USB headset such as a Jabra). This seem a bit antiquated and I assume that the MiCollab software permits some form of supervisor mode so others can listen to calls from their own machine / desk, rather than shoulder-surfing.

I have read about MiTel Silent Monitor but not sure if this applies to the customer platform. I can only see very limited options on the MiCollab Client. Is there an Administration console that permits a higher level of access (a 3rd party manages the MiTel solution but they are not offering much information) that would in turn allow certain users to use Silent Monitor or a similar call shadowing feature?

Thanks in advance for your support
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 06:38:21 AM by mhood59 »

Offline Ericlaracuente

• View Profile
Re: Supervisor Call Shadowing / MiTel Silent Monitor
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 09:59:26 AM »
Hi,

I’m going to make several assumptions here: your using MiVB, and Softphones.

With that said, Silent Monitoring is a CoS, you just have to make sure that the supervisors have the Feature enabled in their CoS, and that the recipients have the being monitored feature enabled as well. Onces that configured on each class of service and everyone has the correct one assigned, the supervisor can dial a feature code (you’ll have to check on your system) + the desired extension to monitor and they will be able to listen to the active conversation. Furthermore, they can enter the feature code and a ACD Path number and they can listen to the next call that enters the queue, regardless of the agent where it lands on.

So what you’ll need?
You’ll need to check how your agents and supervisors COS is configured
Check your system feature codes.

Doing this should bypass the need to plug in to the agents desk.

And while your at it, you may want to check ACD Help, which enables the ability to coach and barge into calls, pretty cool stuff. Works eight he same CoS, just different ways of getting to it.

If your using physical phones you can even make CDE Speed Dial softkeys with the feature code.

Offline mhood59

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 12:17:19 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

I am not familiar with the platform itself but assume MiVB is the management platform. This is owned by a 3rd party and we do not have access to it. Our remit is to get the MiCollab client working on the VDI solution where it works currently on the physical PC's already. We will be trying to get some information out of the 3rd party next week to ensure any settings are aligned with the new delivery method.

All that said, it certainly sounds as though the platform supports barging / silent monitoring (which I expected it to given these are basic features of a call centre solution) and its simply a case of enabling it at the management level to authorised users.

Thanks very much for your feedback Ericlaracuente

Offline Ericlaracuente

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 02:47:00 PM »
Thanks for the details, mhood59.

Your going to have to get us more information about the environment. I do know that MiCollab Softphone does work in VDI (I’m currently running it), but it will depend on it being Citrix and it’s version 7.12 and above. Then you’ll also have to make sure that your MiCollab server is at least 8.1.xxx to do so.

See if you can get us further details, glad to help!

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 05:43:28 PM »
I'm using softphone in VDI and it works OK.
It worked on older versions of the client, and older versions of MiCollab Server too.
Windows 10 caused all sorts of problems, so if your VDI is Windows 10, make sure you have a very recent version of MiCollab Server and the very latest version of the Client.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10