Author Topic: Call issues Mitel 3300  (Read 1190 times)

Offline pab006

• View Profile
Call issues Mitel 3300
« on: November 25, 2019, 11:19:49 AM »
Hi All,

Strange problem here. We are having intermittent issues where as when an extension phones another, only one side can here the call, or only one side can hear the call initially and then after a few seconds both sides can hear the call. We have spoken with our Telecomms engineer, who had a look at the Mitel and stated that nothing obvious is causing the issue and it is probably network related. We have checked the network switches involved (HP Procurve), and they are not reporting anything unusual either.

I have run a wireshark capture and managed to capture at a time when the problem of one side not being able to hear the other for a little while. I can see the conversation between the originating phone and the telephone system and then the conversation between the two phones. If I decode the UDP packet as RTP and then analyse the streams I can see both streams are there, however I can also see that some of the audio in one direction is missing at the beginning of the call, which matches what was experienced. How do I go about diagnosing / fixing this issue? Is there documentation that describes the call setup phase / handoff / describes the communication between the two phones. That may help me to see what is going wrong.

I can see in the packets that the Differentiated Services is set to EF on the packets and that the switches by default have not had their setting changed (a specific VLAN for voice has been setup). As far as I can see therefore the Voice traffic has the correct QOS setup and shouldn't be dropped even if the switch is busy.

Anyhow any help very much appreciated.

Thankyou,
Paul

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Call issues Mitel 3300
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 11:29:54 AM »
Virtual or physical 3300? If physical, any additional cabinets? What software release?

What types of phones have this issue? Analog, IP, Digital or SIP and just to each other or to other types.

If physical cabinet perhaps the DSPs are failing? If virtual, idk. Either case, I'd pry reset the system and see if it persists.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Call issues Mitel 3300
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 05:26:40 PM »
Is this on internal calls?
How much, exactly, is missing at the beginning of the call?
Check the controller VQ Stats form - are the affected calls showing large buffer underruns?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10