Author Topic: CESID data not sent when placing 911 call  (Read 1395 times)

Offline mitelrvtd

• View Profile
CESID data not sent when placing 911 call
« on: November 22, 2019, 04:37:23 PM »
Inherited a 3300 on Release 8.0 PR3

Working on ensuring e911 is functioning correctly.

- I've set up all our CESID data with our provider, made manual CESID number assignments to each of our extensions, and set a Default CESID.

- In ARS Digits Dialed we have "911" Termination type as "Route" pointing to an ARS Route with a SIP Peer Profile and a Route Type of Emergency

When we test calling 911 they receive different information than what we have set up with our provider and set as CESID data in the 3300. I assume what they get is our default billing number and address with our provider.

In "CESID Logs" there are not any entries and I would expect the 911 call to be logged there.

So it appears when we dial 911 the 3300 is not treating like an emergency call. I'm not sure if it might be taking a different route or what is happening exactly.

We do also have a Hunt Group with a Hunt Group Type of Emergency but I'm not sure how this comes into play as the ARS Route is sending it to a SIP Peer Profile.
The SIP Peer Profile routes the call to an ADTran and then out to our provider.

Thank you!

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CESID data not sent when placing 911 call
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 07:58:35 PM »
You can setup an emergency route for any dialable number to test cesid.  I would check maint logs for emergency calls. The hunt group members should be alerted if a call goes through an emergency route.  I would make test calls to verify the caller id info is different by putting a cellphone number as a test. If you see it change between a standard route and an emergency, you know this is getting to the provider.

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 11:10:51 AM »
I'd also take a look at a capture of a call tagged as an Emergency Route - if it's showing what you've got programmed the issue isn't with the Mitel.

Offline mitelrvtd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 07:45:04 PM »
Thank you very much for the replies.

We did set up another dialable number to test cesid. Thanks!
Also was able to confirm in the logs that the test number was going out the emergency route.

Everything worked as expected to the test number.

I was able to go back to the service provider at that point and they had not released control to use to send cesid and still had a number hard set. They had previously said they had released control..

Thanks again for the help.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10