Author Topic: Call Forward Chain  (Read 1080 times)

Offline nowickj

• View Profile
Call Forward Chain
« on: November 15, 2019, 06:03:04 AM »
hello.

I would like to configure call forward Chain for 4 phones. I can not use Hunt Group, Ring Group or Pickup Group to do that. And that's why I need to configure Call forward Chain.
Scenario:
Someone from External is calling to the number 100. Number 100 is a main number on which is an announcement, after that announcement custommer can wait till operator will pick up the phone or choose number. If custommer will choose number for example 110 and if call will not be picked up for example for 15s, then call should be forward to another number, for example 111. And again if call will not be picked up for example 15s, then call should be forward to another number for example 112, and so one up to 4 numbers.
I have change System Options - Numbers of Forward Hops to 4
In COS Call Forward (internal Destination) and Call Forward Accept is set for Yes
In Call Rerouting First Alternatives I set up No Answer DID for This and in Directory Number I put number on which call should be transfered. I did that for all numbers in chain.
Now Call forward is working only for the first step. Any ideas why?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Call Forward Chain
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 07:08:22 PM »
Forwarding and rerouting are different

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Call Forward Chain
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 11:34:55 AM »
You cannot build a forward chain with rerouting... An old rules from the predecessor of this system, the SX-2000, held as true then as it does today and all Mitel techs learn it eventually, "You can't reroute a reroute"

That said, what you are trying to do is a literal textbook use case of hunt groups, why can't you use them?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10